Cops and Robbers: Vandalism and Four Stolen Bikes (5/20/19-5/29/19)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

5/29/19: Petty Theft near 900 block of Ocean Boulevard

Unknown suspect stole the victim’s locked bicycle from the bike rack at Central Beach. The value of the loss is $200.

-Advertisement-

5/25/19-5/26/19: Petty Theft near 1000 block of Isabella Avenue

Victim reported an unknown suspect cut a bicycle cable lock and took his son’s red Trek Marlin Mt. Bike from the carport area of their apartment complex. The value of the bicycle was approximately $750.

5/25/19-5/26/19: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 1100 block of Coronado Avenue

Unknown suspect used black spray paint to write letters on the right side of a parked vehicle.

5/24/19: Grand Theft near 1000 block of Isabella Avenue

Unknown male suspect stole a surfboard that was used as a decoration in the Laundry Lounge. The value of the surfboard is $1,000. [Editor’s Note: surfboard reportedly was returned.]

5/23/19-5/27/19: Petty Theft near 1500 block of Second Street

Unknown suspect stole victim’s bicycle which was locked to the outside staircase of the building. The value of the bike is estimated at $130.

5/23/19-5/24/19: Burglary of the Second Degree near 400 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect forced entry into a locked storage area and stole several construction tools belonging to three separate construction companies and several employees.

5/23/19: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 800 block of First Street

Unknown suspect vandalized an electricity pole at Harborview Park.

5/23/19: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 2000 block of Mullinix Drive

Unknown suspect vandalized a light pole located at Tidelands Park.

5/22/19-5/27/19: Grand Theft near 1500 block of First Street

Victim reported their Trek bike, valued at $1,500, stolen.

5/20/19: Shoplifting near 900 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown male adult entered Village Hardware and stole several items, totaling a $270 loss.

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com