Cops and Robbers: Shoplifting Alcohol from Vons and Shell (3/5/19-3/12/19)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

3/11/19-3/12/19: Petty Theft near 200 block of Orange Avenue

Victim reported her necklace stolen from the Best Western Hotel. She did not give anyone permission to take or use the necklace. The value of the necklace is $200.

-Advertisement-

3/9/19-3/11/19: Petty Theft near 100 block of Orange Avenue

Victim reported his secured bicycle stolen from the bike rack outside of the lcoation. He did not give anyone permission to take or use the bike. The bike is valued at $135.

3/9/19: Petty Theft near 800 block of Orange Avenue

Three unidentified suspects stole six bottles of Champagne from Vons. The total monetary loss is $347.94.

3/9/19: Shoplifting near 900 block of Orange Avenue

Unidentified male subject exited passenger side of vehicle and entered the Shell gas station store. He removed a 12-pack of beer from the refrigerator section and then exited the store without paying for the beer. The total monetary loss for the beer is $20.

3/8/19: Petty Theft near 1100 block of Eighth Street

Unknown suspect entered victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole his DMV disabled placard from his rear-view mirror while it was parked in front of the location. There is no estimated loss due to the placard having no cost associated with the issuance.

3/5/19-3/6/19: Petty Theft near 700 block of H Avenue

Unknown suspect entered victim’s unlocked vehicle and took her handbag from the passenger floorboard of her vehicle. The handbag contained the victim’s wallet, car keys, cellular phone, and miscellaneous cards including her driver’s license, bank cards, medical cards. The total monetary loss is $460.

3/5/19-3/6/19: Burglary of the Second Degree near 1700 block of Avenida Del Mundo

Two unknown suspects took victim’s unsecured bicycle, which was valued at $260.

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com