- Olive Oil, 1/2 cup
- Butter, 1/2 cup
- Mamma Vendetti’s Marinara sauce (see link below for recipe)
- Fresh Basil, about 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese, about 1.5 cups
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, about 1.5 cups
- 4 eggs whisked with a little milk (add sea salt and pepper to taste)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 4-6 large, depending on how many you’re serving
- Italian Bread Crumbs and Flour
- Rigatoni or ziti pasta (you can use your favorite pasta, cooked to instruction on package).
Place chicken breast into a zip lock bag, pound breast to about 1/2 inch thick (one at a time, I just use the palm of my hand to do this). Dip breast into egg mixture then coat with flour, again drinch in egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs, set aside.
Chop Fresh Basil and set aside.
Heat Olive Oil and Butter in a large skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, brown your chicken breasts (careful not to over cook because they will continue to cook in the oven later), then set aside.
Rub a little Olive Oil onto the bottom of a large baking dish then pour a little of your Marinara Sauce into the bottom of your pan. Place your Browned Chicken Breasts to layer bottom of pan. Sprinkle with your chopped Basil and Crushed Red Pepper then your Parmesan Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese. Lightly sprinkle with your bread crumbs and top with Marinara Sauce, sprinkle again with a little of the Bread Crumbs and a bit of the Parmesan Cheese and bake in a preheated 375° oven until bubbly and golden, about an hour or so.
Serve over your favorite Pasta with Fresh Parmesan Cheese and Enjoy!