Lacrosse: CHS Boys Defeat Phillips Andover School, 6-4

Sophomore Reese Packard retrieves the ball to attempt to score on St. Mark’s goal. Photo by Ana de la Lama

Last Tuesday, the Islander Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse team hosted St. Mark’s High School from Dallas, TX. “We were a little nicked up with injuries,” says Coach Alex Cade, “but very proud of the boys who battled through a tough week.” Although senior Joe Walsh played an excellent game in goal, saving over thirty goals all week, St. Mark’s scored nine to Coronado’s three. Senior Andrew Bell, freshman Neil Capin, and junior Devin Schulte scored Coronado’s three goals for the 3-9 loss.

The following Thursday, the Islanders refused to lose to Phillips Andover, a strong east coast opponent. “The defense continues to be strongly anchored by goaltending,” comments Coach Cade, as Walsh gave up only four goals. Schulte played an excellent game, scoring two goals, while sophomore Daniel Bell and juniors James Witthoft and Miguel Serrano each scored one. This gave the Islanders their second win of the season, 6-4.

The lacrosse team currently holds a record of two wins to one loss.

Upcoming Game:

Thursday, March 21 vs. Mountain Vista High School (Highlands, CO) on Niedermeyer Field @ 7:00 PM

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com