Cops and Robbers: Rental Car Break-In Results in $2,000 Loss (4/23/19-5/1/19)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

4/30/19-5/1/19: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 1200 block of First Street

Unknown suspect vandalized a black lamppost at the location. The cost to repair the damage is currently unknown.

4/27/19-4/29/19: Petty Theft near 200 block of Prospect Place

Victim reported his secured bike stolen from the outside bike rack. The value of the bike is $100.

4/27/19: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 200 block of Ocean Boulevard

Unknown suspect vandalized the metal street post with attached handicap sign.

4/27/19: Burglary of the First Degree near 900 block of Tenth Street

Victims parked and locked their rental car. Two hours later they returned and saw the rear window smashed and $1,455 worth of property stolen, including an iPad tablet, three passports, and miscellaneous makeup, clothes, books, and luggage. The rear window will cost $500 to fix, totaling a $1,955 loss.

4/26/19-4/29/19: Grand Theft near 800 block of Alameda Boulevard

Victim reported that an unknown subject entered his construction site and took his company’s large metal red job box, containing several tools. The value of the tools inside and the box itself are estimated to be about $1,300.

4/23/19-4/24/19: Petty Theft near 800 block of G Avenue

Unknown suspect stole the victim’s unsecured bicycle from a shared patio. The bicycle is valued at $200.

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com