Cops and Robbers: Shoplifting at Ace Hardware Store (2/28/19-3/5/19)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

2/28/19-3/5/19: Grand Theft near 1700 block of Avenida Del Mundo

Victim reported his Trek mountain bike stolen from the parking garage of the residence building at the location. The stolen bike is valued at $3,800.

-Advertisement-

2/28/19-3/1/19: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 700 block of Ninth Street

Unknown suspect used a rock and unknown object to damage the front windshield and rear windshield of a pickup truck. The suspects fled the scene undetected. The victim estimates the total loss to replace the damaged windshields is $800.

2/28/19: Shoplifting near 900 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect wearing a white t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black shoes entered the Village Ace Hardware store. Video surveillance captured the suspect stealing several items by placing them in his pockets and leaving the store five minutes later. The total loss was estimated to be $37.27.

Arrests:

3/5/19: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol While on Probation for DUI – Misdemeanor near 1300 block of First Street

34 year old male

3/5/19: Disobeying Court Order – Misdemeanor near 700 block of Pomona Avenue

34 year old male

3/4/19: Loitering on Private Property – Misdemeanor near 900 block of Olive Avenue

32 year old male

3/3/19: Inflicting Corporal Injury on Spouse/Cohabitant – Felony near 1100 block of Orange Avenue

35 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com