Cops and Robbers: Stolen Checks Result in $6,200 Loss (12/26/18-1/23/19)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

1/23/19: Report of Domestic Violence at Undisclosed Location

Suspect and victim have been involved in a relationship for the past three months. After spending the day together at the victim’s house, the victim became upset when the suspect refused to leave her house. Prior to the officers’ arrival, the suspect left the victim’s residence, and it was later determined no crime had occurred.

1/21/19: Burglary near 200 block of Soledad Place

Victim’s wallet and phone were stolen from her place of employment at the location. Her credit cards were later used to make purchases totaling approximately $700 at various locations in Coronado.

12/29/18-1/4/19: Grand Theft near 100 block of Green Turtle Road

Unknown suspect entered a locked residence at the location and removed a Bose speaker system, Time Warner Cable box, and car keys. The stolen property is valued at $1,500.

12/26/19: Making a Fictitious Check near 1000 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect stole three checks that were mailed to a Coronado business and deposited them into an unknown bank account. The total monetary loss in checks was $6,228.12.

Arrests:

1/23/19: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 300 block of A Avenue

22 year old male

1/18/19: Disorderly Conduct Due to Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 200 block of C Avenue

20 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com