- Monday, Jan. 14 fire at Miguel’s Cocina and El Cordova Hotel
- Register your business with the city by January 31 or face a penalty
- City will observe the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, January 21
- Renderings for new golf course clubhouse are installed at City Hall for viewing; site is under construction
- Police made an arrest that resulted in recovery of stolen items; photos of stolen property are available to try to get items back to their owners
- Transbay Pump Station rehabilitation project is underway at Ferry Landing
- The second of five phases of re-striping fire lanes in alleys will be Feb. 4-18 7am to 3pm
- Navy will be moving approximate 5,000 cubic yards of sand across Silver Strand near Fiddlers Cove this weekend to enhance Least Tern nesting areas and combat beach erosion
- To be considered for the Local Arts Banners, Coronado artists must submit entries by February 1
Each week, the City Manager’s Office provides an update that includes information on programs, services and issues within the City, as well as news, project updates and follow-up information when necessary.
Get up to speed on what’s going on in Coronado with this video preview of the latest edition of the Coronado City Manager’s Weekly Update, as well as a sampling of the updates below. Read the full update on the City’s website.
- Police Department Arrests: Police made several arrests this week, including one following the discovery of a parked stolen vehicle which had stolen items in it. Investigative work led the officers to the suspect, who was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle and a controlled substance. Officers are working to get property back to victims. If you recognize any of the items in the photos below, call Det. Amy Beebe at (619) 522-7356.
Is any of this yours?
- Golf Course Renovations: The City has installed renderings for the new Golf Course Clubhouse, operated by Feast and Fareway, at City Hall and the Golf Course Pro Shop. Stop by and check out what the new Clubhouse operators have planned. Also, check out the seating plans below for the dining area and the breakfast/event areas. The site is currently under construction. Fencing was installed around the construction areas and demolition commenced last week. A snack bar has been installed on the Pro Shop side of the outdoor patio. Work is progressing smoothly. The grand opening is slated for April of 2019.
- Board, Commission, Committee Vacancies: Positions are open on the following board, commission or committees: Transportation Commission (2) and Representative on the Port of San Diego Arts, Culture & Design Committee (1). Applications are being accepted for all open positions. Responsibilities of each commission/committee, qualifications for appointment, term of office, and deadline for receipt of applications can be seen here.
- Navy Sand Movement: From Saturday, January 19, through Monday, January 21, the Navy will haul sand across state Route 75 near Fiddler’s Cove Marina, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This project consists of moving approximately 5,000 cubic yards of sand using large trucks from the beaches on the ocean side of the Naval Amphibious Base to the beaches on the bay side and is intended to enhance Least Tern nesting areas and combat beach erosion. Those driving along the highway or using the Bayshore Bikeway, may see large trucks crossing. “Trucks Crossing Ahead” signs will be place on the shoulders of the highway to provide notification of the activity.
See the complete City Manager’s Weekly Update, visit the city’s website.