Cops and Robbers: Lock Your Vehicles, Lock Your Home (8/25/18-8/29/18)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

8/28/18-8/29/18: Grand Theft near 1100 block of Pine Street

Unknown suspect stole victim’s flight bag, containing personal flight items, from his unlocked vehicle. The victim discovered the crime and found some of his property further down the alley from his residence.

-Advertisement-

8/28/18: Petty Theft near 200 block of Prospect Place

Subject was seen on video stealing a Samsung tablet from a chair in the waiting room at Sharp Coronado Hospital.

8/28/18: Petty Theft near 1300 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect stole a pair of eyeglasses and the victim’s wallet, containing a credit card and $150 cash. The total monetary loss is estimated at $685.

8/27/18-8/28/18: Petty Theft near 1100 block of F Avenue

Unknown suspect took coins and a pair of sunglasses from victim’s unlocked vehicle. The total monetary loss is $53.

8/27/18: Burglary of the Second Degree near 500 block of E Avenue

Unknown suspect removed a bicycle from the open garage of the victim’s residence, then fled in an unknown direction. There were no suspects seen, and the value of the property taken was approximately $800.

8/26/18: Burglary of the First Degree near 100 block of Ginger Tree Lane

Suspect jumped the front gate wall of the victim’s residence and entered the house through the unlocked front door. Suspect ransacked the house, stealing miscellaneous clothing items and approximately $1,985 worth of electronic equipment, and later fleeing the scene in the victim’s vehicle.

Arrests:

8/28/18: Taking Vehicle Without Owner’s Consent – Felony near 1000 block of First Street

28 year old male

8/25/18: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1700 block of Glorietta Pl

32 year old female

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com