CHS Football Practice Equipment Beyond Repair

The Coronado High School Islander football teams have concluded their season (with varsity’s successful 7 wins to 4 losses, and JV 7-3), and now their off-season training will continue in preparation for next fall. After many years of use though, much of the equipment used for drills and practice has become worn out beyond repair.

Shown above are two T-Dummies for Popsicle sleds and one cone pad that can no longer be used. New equipment that the team needs includes:

• Pads for sleds (two at $350 each)
  • Titan pop-up dummy ($635)
  • Portable 10×20 chute ($200)
  • Popsicle sled ($1,200-$1,500)
  • Rugged T-Dummy ($200)

“95% of the budget for our Islander Football program has to be raised by our football boosters and does not come from the school,” shares Football Coach Kurt Hines. He estimates that over $5,000 must be raised for transportation for away games. Donations, therefore, would be greatly appreciated and are much-needed to continue strong off-season training and season practices, as well.

To make a donation to support our Islander Football Family, contact Coach Hines directly at kurtwilliamhines@gmail.com.

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com