On Saturday, April 10, 2021 between 9 am and 1 pm, Coronado Real Estate Association, CREA CARES hosted a collection drive to support the Alpha Project, where donation items were dropped off at the Union Bank Parking Lot at 800 Orange Ave, Coronado and delivered to the Alpha Project.
“This event was a big success! The Coronado community came out strong to support CREA’s collection drive for the Alpha Project. Three pickup trucks loaded with donations were collected by CREA’s Board of Directors. Donations were also made online and by check,” said Debbie Giometti, CREA President. “Your donations truly make a difference for those in need of support”.
The Alpha Project is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). Their mission is to empower individuals, families, and communities by providing work, recovery and support services to people who are motivated to change their lives and achieve self-sufficiency. Alpha Project operates numerous programs serving over 4,000 people daily. The agency has created over 600 units of affordable rental housing projects and has sponsored home ownership programs.
There is a special need for men’s clothing at this time. More donation items may be dropped off at, 1535 Newton Ave, San Diego, at the Temporary Bridge Shelter on the corner of 16th and Newton. Donations Online may be made directly to the Alpha Project. Monetary donations by check can be made payable to: The Alpha Project, Tax ID 33-02-15585.
Coronado Real Estate Association would like to thank the following for their support and involvement:
- Board of Director Affiliate, Bridget Flaska with Elite Escrow, for her efforts as a liaison with the Alpha Project and assistance with marketing.
- Clayton Sheffrey and Rudy Maldonado with Union Bank for allowing CREA to use the parking lot as a collection station.
- The CREA Bord of Directors, Clarissa Nakaima, Cathy Brown, Debby Baptiste, Caroline Haines, Julia Elassaad, Remi Pieratt, Tyler Mathews, Paula Betz, and Missy Cameron.
- Rodney Lobato with WFG Title and Brett Pieratt with Landscape Solutions for transporting donation items to the Alpha Project.
- The community of Coronado for the terrific turnout.
CREA is a member’s only group composed of Real Estate Agents and Affiliates, who provide an array of services to transactions and homeowners alike. CREA’s Mission statement is, “Promoting positive relationships between local professionals and property owners.”
Representing Coronado’s finest and most trusted REALTORS, CREA, along with the San Diego Association of REALTORS (SDAR), empower members to be great in all aspects of their business and facilitate the dream of home ownership.