Sunday, August 9, 2020

Cops and Robbers: Is Your Bike Ever Safe? (Feb. 3-Feb. 7)

Coronado Police Department

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

CRIMES

- Advertisement -

2/7/2017: Petty Theft near 900 block of Orange Avenue
Two white male juveniles entered the 76 gas station and stole three Vuse Vape Cigarette Cartridges, the total loss of merchandise is $20.97.

2/7/2017: Burglary of the second degree near 1500 block of 1st Street
Unknown suspects smashed the left rear passenger window of a locked vehicle and stole coins, sunglasses, and earphones from the vehicle’s console. The total estimated loss is $80.

- Advertisement -

2/6/2017: Burglary of the second degree near 800 block of 2nd Street
Unknown suspect(s) broke into victim’s parking garage and stole mounted bicycle.

2/5/2017: Burglary of the second degree near 300 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) broke into victim’s parking garage and stole two unlocked bicycles, the estimated loss is $1200.

ARRESTS

2/5/2017: Disorderly Conduct due to Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 700 block of 8th Avenue
20 year old male

2/4/2017: Burglary of the Second Degree – Felony near 900 block of Orange Avenue
26 year old male

-----
Do You Value The Coronado Times?
Become a Paid Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Action Plan on Racism vs Insulated and Isolated White Community

Submitted by Pam WilsonCoronado Unified intends to present its Action Plan on Racism at their August 13 board meeting. This plan is in response...

Money Shamefully Spent

Submitted by Barry AustinAm I the only one to feel outraged that the Mayor and Council, under cover of restricted public involvement, gave away...

More Questions Than Answers

Submitted by Carolyn RogersonThere are days when I cannot believe the vitriol to be read on the pages of Coronado publications or online. I...

Tim Rohan Announces Candidacy for City Council

Submitted by Tim RohanEvents of the past few weeks have spurred me into action. I see a Council that is out of touch with...

NEW STORIES

Jack and Grace Creatively Raise Funds for CSF During Pandemic

Coronado kids Jack and Grace Elardo began their business Jack and Grace's Pop-Up Stand four years ago when they were in 3rd and 4th...

Local Voices: Coronado Picture-Perfect from the Outside; Not Always So Pretty for a Person of Color

Esme Ronis knew that she was different from the rest of her family. Born in La Paz, Mexico, and adopted by a white family,...

Sue Tushingham McNary (1937-2020)

Sue Tushingham McNary, an internationally renowned artist, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, great grandmother, and loyal friend, passed away peacefully on Monday morning, August 3, 2020,...

Grand Caribe Shoreline Park Temporarily Closed by Port of San Diego

Prioritizing public health, and in alignment with COVID-19 State and County public health orders, Grand Caribe Shoreline Park in the Coronado Cays will be...