Monday, September 21, 2020

Police Blotter: Sexual Misconduct Towards Juvenile at Bus Stop (Dec. 28 – Jan. 11)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

CRIMES

- Advertisement -

1/11/2017: Burglary of the Second Degree near 400 block of I Avenue
Unknown Suspect(s) entered victim’s locked car and stole $151 worth of items.

1/11/2017: Petty Theft near 900 block of Ocean Boulevard
Unknown Suspect(s) stole victim’s bag off of the beach, valued at $695.

1/8/2017: Battery on a spouse or cohabitant near undisclosed location
Couple was involved in a verbal argument, which then led to a physical altercation.

- Advertisement -

1/8/2017: Annoy or molest a child under the age of 18 years old near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown adult male touched a juvenile’s leg while she waited at the bus stop. Then the male grabbed his genital area on top of his pants. The male left after a physical altercation with a passerby.

12/28/2016: Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism- Felony  near the 1500 block of 1st Street
Unknown Suspect(s) entered victim’s lost car and stole property.

ARRESTS

1/11/2017: Juvenile Possess Narcotic Substance – Misdemeanor near 2000 block of Mullinix Drive
17 year old Hispanic male

- Advertisement -

1/8/2017: DUI Alcohol- Misdemeanor near 1700 block of Glorietta Plaza
17 year old Hispanic female

1/7/2017: Inflict Corporal Injury on Spouse of Cohabitant- Felony near 800 block of G Avenue
70 year old white male

1/6/2017: Possess Narcotic Substance- Misdemeanor near 1300 block of Orange Avenue
34 year old white female

1/6/2017: Disorderly Conduct: Alcohol- Non Criminal near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
24 year old white male

1/4/2017: Juvenile Takes Owner’s Vehicle without Consent- Felony  near 700 lock of Orange
13 year old white Male

-----
Do You Value Local News?
Become a Paid Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Endorsement for Stacy Keszei for Coronado Unified School Board

Submitted by Matthew GriffithPlease accept this letter as an endorsement for Stacy Keszei for Coronado Unified School Board. Having personally known Stacy and her...

Golf Course Water Recycling – Story Poles Misleading

Submitted by Ann WilsonI watched last week’s Golf Course Advisory Committee Meeting on Coronado TV with interest as city staff was presenting information about...

Strong Support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Jon Palmieri & Cara ClancyWe are writing to affirm our strong support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. Having lived in...

A Thank You to the Coronado Police Department

Submitted by Sebastian Taylor  Coronado Police Department; I Wish I Was Suprised, I'm Not...A few days ago, I witnessed something, something which, to many would...

NEW STORIES

Voting and Ballot Drop-Off Locations for Coronado

The City of Coronado will have two locations to drop-off your ballot:Coronado Library, located at 640 Orange Avenue - do not put in...

John Duncan Dreams Big: City Council Candidate Talks Housing, Beach Pollution, Tourism and Diversity

For John Duncan--who’s running for Coronado City Council--it was all a dream.In 2006, before he lived here full-time, Duncan rented a historic home on...

COVID-19 and Flu Shot Update From Sharp Coronado Hospital

Six months after the county shut down in response the coronavirus in mid-March, Sharp Coronado CEO Susan Stone shares what the COVID-19 numbers currently...

Short Council Meeting Focused on Awards and COVID-19 Business Accommodations

For the first time in months, the City Council began its September 15 meeting with a ceremonial presentation to proclaim “Arts in Education Week”...

Celebrate “92118 Day” Anniversary by Wearing Your Coronado Gear

It's been two years since thousands of Coronado residents took part in the first-ever, centennial zip code celebration for Coronado: 92118 Day (9-21-18). This...