Monday, November 30, 2020

Police Blotter: Sexual Misconduct Towards Juvenile at Bus Stop (Dec. 28 – Jan. 11)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

CRIMES

1/11/2017: Burglary of the Second Degree near 400 block of I Avenue
Unknown Suspect(s) entered victim’s locked car and stole $151 worth of items.

- Advertisement -

1/11/2017: Petty Theft near 900 block of Ocean Boulevard
Unknown Suspect(s) stole victim’s bag off of the beach, valued at $695.

1/8/2017: Battery on a spouse or cohabitant near undisclosed location
Couple was involved in a verbal argument, which then led to a physical altercation.

1/8/2017: Annoy or molest a child under the age of 18 years old near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown adult male touched a juvenile’s leg while she waited at the bus stop. Then the male grabbed his genital area on top of his pants. The male left after a physical altercation with a passerby.

12/28/2016: Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism- Felony  near the 1500 block of 1st Street
Unknown Suspect(s) entered victim’s lost car and stole property.

ARRESTS

1/11/2017: Juvenile Possess Narcotic Substance – Misdemeanor near 2000 block of Mullinix Drive
17 year old Hispanic male

1/8/2017: DUI Alcohol- Misdemeanor near 1700 block of Glorietta Plaza
17 year old Hispanic female

1/7/2017: Inflict Corporal Injury on Spouse of Cohabitant- Felony near 800 block of G Avenue
70 year old white male

1/6/2017: Possess Narcotic Substance- Misdemeanor near 1300 block of Orange Avenue
34 year old white female

1/6/2017: Disorderly Conduct: Alcohol- Non Criminal near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
24 year old white male

1/4/2017: Juvenile Takes Owner’s Vehicle without Consent- Felony  near 700 lock of Orange
13 year old white Male

Support Coronado Journalism

Your support will help to expand coverage of the issues, people and events happening in our Coronado community. Local news matters!
Support The Coronado Times

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Use Our Money to Improve Our Lives

Submitted by Barry & Susan AustinIn the Eagle last week, Councilmembers Heinze and Sandke asked for feedback about how some of our...

Election Integrity

Submitted by Frank CorahIt is vitally important in this contentious Presidential election that the American people, regardless of their political persuasion, trust the election...

Fate of The Ferry Landing Marketplace at Risk

Submitted by Marilyn FieldBad news for those who appreciate the quirky charms of The Ferry Landing Marketplace buildings: their fate is hanging in the...

This Isn’t Coronado

Submitted by Carolyn RogersonRecently Coronado has been in local news and national social media for a sad, shocking reason. Those who would not like...

NEW STORIES

City of Coronado Partners with CSU Long Beach’s Shark Lab to Tag Sharks

The City of Coronado is partnering with CSU Long Beach’s shark lab to learn more about the local shark population. This comes after an...

Meet Annika Laughlin – Emerald Keeper of the Month!

If you want to feel hopeful about the future, spend a few minutes chatting with Annika Laughlin, Coronado High School graduate, class of 2020!...

Coronado Teen Publishes Book of Short Stories: “The End of Heaven”

Coronado local and high School junior Jamie Piearcy spent quarantine time writing her first book, The End Of Heaven: Explore the Depravity of True...

Navy to Decommission Fire Damaged USS Bonhomme Richard

WASHINGTON – After thorough consideration, the Navy has decided to decommission USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6), a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, due to the...

Coronado’s Amanda Russell Makes the Holidays Shine Brighter with Christmas Giving

A child needs new eyeglasses for school, but his parents can't afford them. A father can't drive to work because the family car is...