Friday, October 30, 2020

Police Blotter: Bike Thefts Continue (July 27 – August 9)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

8/9/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 800 block of C Avenue
The victim’s bicycle, with orange rims, was stolen from their locked garage.

- Advertisement -

8/9/2016: Petty Theft near 500 block of H Avenue
Unknown Suspect(s) stole a red mountain bicycle from the victim’s alley garage.

8/2/2016: Petty theft near 700 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) stole bicycle from victim’s backyard.

- Advertisement -

7/29/2016: Burglary of the First Degree near 4000 block of Coronado Bay Road
Unknown suspect(s), two male and one female, changed the lock on a storage unit in the afternoon and returned that night to steal six boxes of accounting information.

7/27/2016: Fraudulent use of Access Card or Account Information (over $400) near 1300 block of Fourth Street
Unknown suspect(s) used victim’s credit card information to make an online purchase.

ARRESTS

8/9/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree – Felony near 800 block of Orange Avenue
48 year old white female

24 year old black female

52 year old black male

8/9/2016: Bench Warrant of Arrest – Misdemeanor near 0 block of McCain Boulevard, San Diego
37 year old Filipino male

8/8/2016: Disorderly Conduct due to Alcohol- Misdemeanor near 900 block of Ninth Street
40 year old white female

8/8/2015: DUI Alcohol near 2000 block of Silver Strand Boulevard
34 year old white male

8/7/2016: DUI Alcohol causing Bodily Injury or Death – Felony near 1400 block of Orange Avenue
20 year old white female

8/7/2016: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism – Misdemeanor near 400 block of First Street
18 year old Hispanic male

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times

Support Coronado JournalismYour support will enable us to continue publishing informative and inspirational stories about the issues and people of the Coronado community.
Become a Monthly Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Nick Kato for CUSD School Board 2020: Video Interviews

Submitted by Nick KatoHello Coronado! I’ve collected the various video interviews I’ve done with notable and well-respected members of the community. I’ve been so...

Inside the Registrar of Voters Office

Submitted by Brad GerbelLast week, I spent the afternoon at the San Diego County Registrar of Voters (“ROV”) office in Kearny Mesa as an...

Figures Don’t Lie

Submitted by J. Fitzgerald KemmettWe would all think the world is coming to an end with the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths dominating...

In support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Sherry Hughes RichterI'm writing in support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. As a product of Coronado schools and a member of a...

NEW STORIES

Coronado Veteran Takes Business to New Heights with iFLY Oceanside

Coronado residents Melissa and Robert Blomsness own an indoor skydiving center called iFLY Oceanside. Rob is a combat Navy SEAL sniper who trained in...

Local Dog Treat Company Knick Knack Paddy Whack Helps “Give a Dog a Home”

A new local dog treat company is helping rescue dogs find their forever homes. Knick Knack Paddy Whack aims to stop the euthanasia of...

InclusioNado Organizes CUSD Diversity Book Drive

Following the social unrest of summer 2020, a group of Coronado community members formed the grassroots organization, InclusioNado. The mission of InclusioNado is to...

Coronado Crossing Guards Assist with Student & Family Safety

After months of distance learning at home, cohorts of Coronado students are slowly returning to school, which means many bikes, scooters, skateboards, and pedestrians...

Public Invited to ‘Virtual’ Avenue of Heroes Banner Ceremony Nov. 7

The City of Coronado invites the community to attend a very special Avenue of Heroes Banner Dedication Ceremony, which will be held “virtually” on...