Saturday, April 20, 2024

Police Blotter: Bike Thefts Continue (July 27 – August 9)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

CRIMES

8/9/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 800 block of C Avenue
The victim’s bicycle, with orange rims, was stolen from their locked garage.

8/9/2016: Petty Theft near 500 block of H Avenue
Unknown Suspect(s) stole a red mountain bicycle from the victim’s alley garage.

8/2/2016: Petty theft near 700 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) stole bicycle from victim’s backyard.

7/29/2016: Burglary of the First Degree near 4000 block of Coronado Bay Road
Unknown suspect(s), two male and one female, changed the lock on a storage unit in the afternoon and returned that night to steal six boxes of accounting information.

7/27/2016: Fraudulent use of Access Card or Account Information (over $400) near 1300 block of Fourth Street
Unknown suspect(s) used victim’s credit card information to make an online purchase.

ARRESTS

8/9/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree – Felony near 800 block of Orange Avenue
48 year old white female

24 year old black female

52 year old black male

8/9/2016: Bench Warrant of Arrest – Misdemeanor near 0 block of McCain Boulevard, San Diego
37 year old Filipino male

8/8/2016: Disorderly Conduct due to Alcohol- Misdemeanor near 900 block of Ninth Street
40 year old white female

8/8/2015: DUI Alcohol near 2000 block of Silver Strand Boulevard
34 year old white male

8/7/2016: DUI Alcohol causing Bodily Injury or Death – Felony near 1400 block of Orange Avenue
20 year old white female

8/7/2016: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism – Misdemeanor near 400 block of First Street
18 year old Hispanic male

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times

Grace Sylvester
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: [email protected]

More Local News