Friday, October 30, 2020

Police Blotter: Domestic Disputes Arise as Summer Heats Up (June 2- June 9)

police

- Advertisement -

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

6/8/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 1100 block of Palau Road
Speaker was stolen from inside a locked vehicle.

- Advertisement -

6/7/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 1500 block of Glorietta Boulevard
Local tennis sports store was burglarized as four tennis rackets plus $158 were stolen from the cash register.

6/6/2016: Battery on a Spouse/Cohabitant near undisclosed location
After about 30 years of marriage, the two subjects got into a physical altercation and started to shove each other.

6/5/2016: Criminal Threats near 700 block of Coronado Avenue
Victim received phone call threatening his life; victim believes the call was from his brother.

6/4/2016: Report of Domestic Violence near 400 block of Alameda Boulevard
Two subjects got into a verbal altercation and called the police.

6/4/2016: Inflict Corporal Injury on Spouse/ Cohabitant near 300 block of Orange Avenue
Two subjects in a verbal argument turned to a physical altercation.

6/2/2016: Report of Domestic Violence near undisclosed location
Two subjects got into a verbal argument over one of the subject’s drinking habits, the altercation was verbal only.

ARRESTS

6/9/2016: Receive Known Stolen Property – Felony near 600 block of D Avenue
35 year old Hispanic male

6/5/2016: Shoplifting – Misdemeanor near North Island Naval Air Station
36 year old Hispanic female

6/5/2016: DUI Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1100 block of Adella Avenue
20 year old Hispanic male

6/4/2016: Violate Court Order to Prevent Domestic Violence – Misdemeanor near 900 block of 1st Street
26 year old black male

6/3/2016: Disorderly Conduct: Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 100 block of Orange Avenue
55 year old white male

6/2/2016: Outside of Warrant – Felony near 300 block of Glorietta Place
30 year old white female

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times.

Support Coronado JournalismYour support will enable us to continue publishing informative and inspirational stories about the issues and people of the Coronado community.
Become a Monthly Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

This Isn’t Coronado

Submitted by Carolyn RogersonRecently Coronado has been in local news and national social media for a sad, shocking reason. Those who would not like...

Nick Kato for CUSD School Board 2020: Video Interviews

Submitted by Nick KatoHello Coronado! I’ve collected the various video interviews I’ve done with notable and well-respected members of the community. I’ve been so...

Inside the Registrar of Voters Office

Submitted by Brad GerbelLast week, I spent the afternoon at the San Diego County Registrar of Voters (“ROV”) office in Kearny Mesa as an...

Figures Don’t Lie

Submitted by J. Fitzgerald KemmettWe would all think the world is coming to an end with the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths dominating...

NEW STORIES

Coronado Veteran Takes Business to New Heights with iFLY Oceanside

Coronado residents Melissa and Robert Blomsness own an indoor skydiving center called iFLY Oceanside. Rob is a combat Navy SEAL sniper who trained in...

Local Dog Treat Company Knick Knack Paddy Whack Helps “Give a Dog a Home”

A new local dog treat company is helping rescue dogs find their forever homes. Knick Knack Paddy Whack aims to stop the euthanasia of...

InclusioNado Organizes CUSD Diversity Book Drive

Following the social unrest of summer 2020, a group of Coronado community members formed the grassroots organization, InclusioNado. The mission of InclusioNado is to...

Coronado Crossing Guards Assist with Student & Family Safety

After months of distance learning at home, cohorts of Coronado students are slowly returning to school, which means many bikes, scooters, skateboards, and pedestrians...

Public Invited to ‘Virtual’ Avenue of Heroes Banner Ceremony Nov. 7

The City of Coronado invites the community to attend a very special Avenue of Heroes Banner Dedication Ceremony, which will be held “virtually” on...