On Nov. 20, the Hotel del Coronado will open a major milestone in its masterplan renovation. The north parking lot is set to open on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 6am. The lot will accommodate guests and employees of the hotel who will enter the resort through the north entrance on RH Dana. The lot is also open to the public for parking (see fees below). The City of Coronado will place digital signs directing traffic to the new north entry. Simultaneously, the entrance to the hotel from Orange Ave. will permanently close.
The structure parks 729 cars; 208 cars on the surface including ADA, electric vehicles and bikes. Another 521 spaces are on two levels below ground.
- Weeks of construction: 54 weeks
- Labor hours: 65,800 hours
- Truck loads of soil removed: 5,700 truck loads = 80,000 cubic yards
- Volume of concrete: 18,763 cubic yards of concrete = 1,925 concrete trucks
- Parking spaces: 729 (208 above and 521 below)
- Electric Vehicle parking spaces (19 on the surface level; 25 more coming soon)
- Bike parking/racks available on surface lot
Pricing for Day Visitors:
Self parking: $20 for the first 2 hours, ($10 discount with any purchase); $10 each additional hour. Daily maximum $70.
Valet parking: $30 for the first 2 hours, ($10 discount with any purchase); $10 each additional hour. Daily maximum $80.
Special Events: Thanksgiving Day visitors will receive a flat rate of $10 for self-parking and $20 for valet parking that will be collected on arrival.