The City of Coronado reminds residents and businesses that most non-public safety City facilities, including City Hall and the Library, will be closed on Monday, October 14, in observance of Columbus Day.
Coronado Police and Fire will be staffed during the holiday for emergency services.
The Coronado Community Center will have normal operating hours on Monday:
- The Community Center facility will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Community Center and pool will be open for lap swimming from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. and for family swimming from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Skatepark will be open from 10 a.m. to sunset both Monday, October 14, and Tuesday, October 15.
- The Boathouse will be open from 7 to 10 a.m. and from 3 to 6:30 p.m.
- The Tennis Courts will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.; office from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Certain City of Coronado departments and services are open but have varying hours of operation on Monday:
- Public Services will attend to trash and public restroom duties but the Department’s offices will be closed on the holiday.
- No street sweeping will be conducted on Columbus Day.
- Residential trash collection will be performed as usual for residential and commercial customers.
- The Coronado Municipal Golf Course is open.
This is a reminder that there will be a regularly scheduled City Council meeting at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15.
Photo courtesy of Kristin Lindeman