- Those that conduct a business in Coronado must register their business with the city with a $25 (+ $4 state fee) business certificate prior to January 31 to avoid a penalty
- City Council and Cultural Arts Commission held a special joint meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 8 highlighting the State of the Arts and hearing a presentation on the Coronado CREATES strategic plan
- Golf course clubhouse renovation has begun; snack bar has been installed for convenience during construction, with grand opening of Feast and Fareway scheduled for April
- Upgraded high definition broadcast equipment has been installed in city council chambers
- Transbay pump station rehabilitation project has begun to replace existing pump station components, pipes and and relining of the storage area used to hold sewage
- Registration open for Rec Department’s winter/spring 2019 programs
- Hotel del Coronado received water damage during Dec. 6 storm so a temporary tent has been set up to accommodate groups that would have used Grande Hall
- Feb. 1 deadline for local artists to submit images of original art for consideration for “Celebrate Local Artists” banners
- Portrait of John D. Spreckels by local artist Philip C. Martin is now at home in the facility that bears his name
- Design Review Commission unanimously approved the design of the Hotel del Coronado South Beach Guestrooms and Conference centers
Each week, the City Manager’s Office provides an update that includes information on programs, services and issues within the City, as well as news, project updates and follow-up information when necessary.
Get up to speed on what’s going on in Coronado with this video preview of the latest edition of the Coronado City Manager’s Weekly Update, as well as a sampling of the updates below. Read the full update on the City’s website.
- Business Certificate Deadline Nears: Those who conduct business in Coronado, whether located in town or not, must register their businesses with the City. The City has done away with the old business license tax and now has a low-cost Business Certificate program. The cost is $25 plus a $4 state fee. The penalty for those who do not renew their certificates within 30 days of the due date is $50 and escalates thereafter. Don’t pay the penalty. Get your Business Certificate now. Don’t wait. See the flier below for more information.
- Golf Course Renovations: The Coronado Golf Course Clubhouse renovation has begun. Fencing was installed around the construction areas and demolition commenced this week. A snack bar has been installed on the Pro Shop side of the outdoor patio for the convenience of Golf patrons. Work is progressing smoothly. The grand opening of Feast and Fareway is slated for April of 2019.
- Design Review Commission On Wednesday, January 9, the Design Review Commission unanimously approved the design of the Hotel del Coronado South Beach Guestrooms and Conference centers. The three-story structure would include 142 guestrooms and approximately 18,000 square feet of conference center space above a 280-space underground parking garage. The project follows the previously approved Hotel del Coronado Master Plan. It is anticipated that construction on this portion of the property would begin by the end of this year and take approximately 24 months to complete.
Transbay Pump Station Rehabilitation: Onsite work began this week on the Transbay Pump Station Rehabilitation project with the contractor installing a temporary construction fence around the site at the Coronado Ferry Landing and the laydown area along the 100 block of A Avenue. The project includes the replacement of existing pump station components, pipes within and around the station, and relining of the storage area used to hold sewage before it is pumped across San Diego Bay.
- Broadcast Equipment Upgrade: The City has completed an upgrade of the City Council Chamber cameras and broadcast room equipment, which were about 15 years old. The City converted to high-definition broadcast equipment and improved audio and control systems. For more details on the equipment upgrade, and the rest of the City Manager’s Weekly Update, visit the city’s website.