Villa Capri by the Sea, located at 1417 Orange Ave in Coronado, CA, is hiring a San Diego Coastal Motel InnKeeper
The InnKeeper role and responsibilities are delivered by being authentic, passionate, available, appropriate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated. This role is the steward to many parties, owner, association, guest, and Azul Hospitality alike. This assumes a 24/7 responsibility for the hotel with two formal days off that will be based on business levels and coverage ability. A semi-formal work day schedule will be determined to ensure ample and appropriate coverage and allow the InnKeeper to have sufficient time away from the operation.
- Managing Reservations and all OTA sites for consistency in rates, inventory, payment, and descriptive
- Welcoming and Greet Guests
- Answer Phones
- Reply to Email and all requests
- Ensuring each and every guest stay / experience is second to none
- Set up and breakdown of morning breakfast and ensure welcome drink and experience is delivered
- Coordinating with housekeeping ensuring schedules are appropriate to arrivals and departures accommodating early check in and late check outs and on occasion assist or function as stayover expert
- Guest Check in and Check out
- Billing disputes and processing/processes
- Delivering guest un-spoken expectations
- Attending to and coordinating all maintenance matters with the support of the CY engineering team
- Maintaining common areas including landscaping/parking/pool deck
- Restocking all supplies with support from the CY operations team
- Daily revenue reports and a once a month summary of expenses and revenue
- Revenue Management and Sales Activities/Activation events
- Chamber of Commerce – ribbon cutting/social events/sales activities
- Navy Base accommodations and partnership
- Local Restaurant and Bars and businesses partnership
- Visit SD with partnership CY Sales team
- Social Media – TripAdvisor, Instagram, and Facebook to ensure all reviews are responded to and drive popularity scores. Three times weekly posting to Instagram creating unique follower experience.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Monitor hotel activities and troubleshoot problems.
- Operate word processing program in computer.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed in and outdoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to distinguish product quality, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
3-5 years experience in management experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. GROOMINGAll Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality – Gaslamp, LLC standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality – Gaslamp, LLC, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality – Gaslamp, LLC rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Assuring you of my utmost attention at all times.
Villa Capri by the Sea is located at 1417 Orange Ave in Coronado, CA.