Golf: CHS Girls Qualify for CIF Tournament

(From left to right) Samantha Lorr, Madeline Deitrick, Annie Holland, and Caroline Ward (team captain)

Last Wednesday, the girls’ golf team played a CIF preliminary match against Mission Vista High School. This playoff match was hosted by the Islanders, which played well in their favor. Coronado won 225-246, with excellent play all around. Junior Crista Izuzquiza shot the lowest score for the Islanders with 37 strokes. She was followed by Annie Holland, who shot a 43, and Sabrina Ladd and Caroline Ward, who each shot a 48. Samantha Lorr and Madeline Deitrick shot scores of 49 and 51 to conclude the match.

Junior Crista Izuzquiza drives the ball on a par-three hole at the Coronado Municipal Golf Course.

On Monday and Wednesday, the team will be representing Coronado in the CIF Tournament held at Admiral Baker Golf Course.

Upcoming Match:

Monday, October 29 – CIF Tournament at Admiral Baker Golf Course

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com