Cops and Robbers: Four Vandalisms Reported (12/26/17-1/3/18)

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

1/2/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 600 block of D Avenue

Unknown subject painted an image on the west sidewalk at the location, next to the handicap parking area (city property).

1/2/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 700 block of Olive Avenue

Graffiti was found in the middle of the street at the location in white paint.

12/30/17: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 5500 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

Unknown suspect spray painted graffiti on a brick wall of the Coronado Cays. The cost to clean the wall is estimated to be less than $450.

12/27/17-12/29/17: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Felony) near 1000 block of Pine Street

The victim’s vehicle was left parked at the location while the victim was on vacation. A relative of the victim discovered the rear windshield had been broken by an unknown object. Nothing appeared to have been stolen. The damage is estimated at over $450.

Arrests

1/3/18: Disorderly Conduct Due to Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 200 block of J Avenue

21 year old male

1/3/18: Possession of a Controlled Substance – Misdemeanor near 600 Pomona Avenue

24 year old male

1/1/18: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol/Causing Bodily Injury – Felony near 4000 block of Coronado Bay Road

34 year old female

12/26/17: Underage Drinking and Driving – Infraction near 1800 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

20 year old female

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE
SHARE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: [email protected]