CHS Girls’ Golf Beats La Jolla High School 228-235

Sabrina Ladd
Sabrina Ladd sets up her drive. Photo by Sean O’Connor

Last Tuesday, the girls’ golf team played their first match of the Western League, one of the strongest leagues in the county. La Jolla High School played at the Coronado Golf Course, giving home course advantage to Coronado. Crista Izuzquiza had quite a memorable 9th-hole drive, being only an inch away from hitting a hole-in-one. The final score was 228 strokes for Coronado to 235, giving Coronado the first victory of the Western League season.

Lauren White
Lauren White chips out of the sand trap. Photo by Sean O’Connor

Coronado came really close against Torrey Pines on Wednesday, with only a three-stroke margin. Coronado shot 231, while Torrey Pines shot 228.

The season record is now 7 wins to 3 losses. The Western League record is now 1 win to 1 loss.

Next Week’s Matches:
  • Tuesday, September 12 vs. Scripps Ranch High School at the Coronado Golf Course @ 3:30 PM
  • Wednesday, September 13 vs. Patrick Henry High School at Mission Trails Golf Course @ 3:30 PM
  • Thursday, September 14 vs. Academy of Our Lady of Peace at Riverwalk Golf Club @ 3:30 PM

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE
SHARE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com