Friday, April 26, 2024

“Dream It, Be It” Event Sparks Opportunities for Young Women

Soroptimist Dream It, Be ItIf She can Dream It, She Can Be It is a new program of the Soroptimist International of the Americas. According to their website, “Soroptimist is a global women’s organization whose members volunteer to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.” There are currently 33,000 Soroptimist in 20 different countries, which is ever growing, supporting global and locally based projects that both girls and women of any age reap benefits from.

The goal of If She Can Dream, She Can Be it is “To have Mentors and Mentees, Group Leaders, Teachers, Mothers and Daughters come together to participate in an EXCITING and FUN-FILLED day of career focused activities and professional speakers. Designed specifically for girls in secondary school (14-18), however girls of all ages are welcome.” The program filled with these fun activities is supposed to spark career ideas through local resources found around the community, so that the girls are able to dream and achieve as big as they could possibly desire. 

On March 25th, 2017, Soroptimist International of Coronado, Lemon Grove, North San Diego, and San Diego present this year’s workshop. It will consist of hearing from professionals and other speakers on topics such as balancing stress, creating achievable goals, exploring careers, and so many more. At the end of the day, the main idea to go home with is that all girls need to strive for their full potential and show the world what they are truly made up of.

Interested in the event and want to find out more? Contact Soroptimist of Coronado or visit the event’s Facebook page or EventBrite ticket site.

Grace Sylvester
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: [email protected]

More Local News