Friday, October 30, 2020

Crime Blotter: Man Arrested with Metal Knuckles (May 18 – May 25)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

5/22/2016: Vandalism (less than $400) near 1700 block of Avenida Del Mundo
Victim reports his vehicle being damaged at an unknown time during the night.

- Advertisement -

5/21/2016: Arson of Property near 200 block of Ocean Boulevard
Unknown suspect(s) used unknown tools to set a plastic trashcan on fire.

5/20/2016: Grand Theft near 400 block of Palm Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) took an unlocked bicycle worth approximately $6,500.

- Advertisement -

ARRESTS

5/25/2016: Grand Theft – Felony near 1100 block of 2nd Street
47 year old Hispanic male

5/25/2015: Possession of Metal Knuckles – felony near 2000 block of Mullinix Drive
26 year old Hispanic male

5/22/2016: Battery on Spouse or Cohabitant – felony near 220 block of G Avenue
37 year old white male

5/22/2016: DUI Alcohol – misdemeanor near 600 block of Orange Avenue
38 year old Hispanic Female

5/21/2016: DUI Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1100 block of Alameda Boulevard
19 year old Hispanic male

5/20/2016: Possession of Controlled Substances – Misdemeanor near 200 block of B Avenue
32 year old Hispanic male

5/18/2016: False Representation of Self to Police Officer near 700 block of D Avenue
17 year old Hispanic female

5/18/2016: False Representation of Self to Police Officer near 200 block of D Avenue
17 year old White female

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times.

Support Coronado JournalismYour support will enable us to continue publishing informative and inspirational stories about the issues and people of the Coronado community.
Become a Monthly Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Nick Kato for CUSD School Board 2020: Video Interviews

Submitted by Nick KatoHello Coronado! I’ve collected the various video interviews I’ve done with notable and well-respected members of the community. I’ve been so...

Inside the Registrar of Voters Office

Submitted by Brad GerbelLast week, I spent the afternoon at the San Diego County Registrar of Voters (“ROV”) office in Kearny Mesa as an...

Figures Don’t Lie

Submitted by J. Fitzgerald KemmettWe would all think the world is coming to an end with the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths dominating...

In support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Sherry Hughes RichterI'm writing in support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. As a product of Coronado schools and a member of a...

NEW STORIES

Public Invited to ‘Virtual’ Avenue of Heroes Banner Ceremony Nov. 7

The City of Coronado invites the community to attend a very special Avenue of Heroes Banner Dedication Ceremony, which will be held “virtually” on...

Some Coronado Residents Wake to ‘Racism Lives Here’ Yard Signs

This morning, some Coronado residents found unwanted signs on their lawns with the text “Racism Lives Here” followed by "Make America Great Again!" The...

Emerald Keepers’ Halloween Treat – Look for Painted Rocks This Weekend

With Halloween looking a little different this year, Emerald Keepers wanted to share a little treat with the community. Emerald Keepers is a local non-profit...

Chef Charleen Sandoval is up for the Challenge of a Fine Dining Restaurant During a Pandemic

Starting a new job is never easy, but starting a new job during the pandemic, in an industry that has been hit particularly hard,...

City Council Discusses New LPR Parking Protocol, Special Event Permits, Trees & More

This week’s city council meeting started off with two well-deserved ceremonial presentations and an impressive student presentation by the Coronado Middle School Robotics Team....