The Del Sol Chapter of the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL) is hosting their Annual Fashion Show on Sunday, November 17 from 1 to 4pm at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine. Currently, the Del Sol Chapter is comprised of 340 members from the coastal areas of San Diego County, stretching from Oceanside to Coronado. Founded in 2005, the chapter has grown in membership and community impact. During the event on Sunday, they will be accepting donations of fashionable, gently used clothing for teenage girls for My Girlfriend’s Closet.
The Del Sol chapter is an organization of women and their daughters who are committed to community service and personal development. Membership in NCL strengthens the Mother/Daughter bond during the challenging developmental years of grades 7 through 12, while providing unique opportunities to learn and grow as individuals, and to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of the differences in each other and the world.
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. NCL Del Sol’s philanthropic outreach currently extends to 26 charitable organizations throughout the community, plus the National Philanthropy Initiative. Philanthropies currently supported by the Del Sol Chapter include:
- American Cancer Society
- Autism Tree Project Foundation
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- City of Carlsbad
- City of Coronado Public Library
- Community Resource Center
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Feeding San Diego
- Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Interfaith Community Services
- King-Chavez Academy
- Meals on Wheels
- MCAS Camp Pendleton
- My Girlfriend’s Close
- National Philanthropy Initiative
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Positive Action Community Theatre
- Rady’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Reading Legacies
- Ronald McDonald House Charities San Diego
- San Diego Humane Society
- San Diego County Public Library/Rancho Santa Fe Library
- San Pasqual Academy
- Serving Seniors at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center
- Surfrider Foundation San Diego
- United Cerebral Palsy of San Diego/The Beach & Country Guild
NCL asks its members to give 15 hours per year of their time supporting the work of philanthropy partners; in practice, however, most of the members work well over this amount, with the Del Sol Chapter contributing thousands of community service hours in the past year alone.
NCL is committed to the development of mothers and daughters as leaders and is dedicated to improving local communities through hands-on volunteerism. The NCL Experience inspires and empowers women to succeed as confident, well-rounded and socially aware contributors to society.