You are a fitness innovator and leader who embodies the active lifestyle. You are a fun enthusiast, connector and marketing expert with the mission to authentically build relationships within event markets, generate a buzz around the events we produce and drive registrations through your marketing efforts.
Primary Job Responsibility
Markets and promotes events by developing and implementing marketing plans and advertising campaigns; tracks sales data; maintains promotional materials; maintains and updates consumer databases; surveys event attendees; prepares reports for event clients.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing event sales forecasts; prepares marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; plans and organizes promotional presentations; updates marketing calendars.
- Tracks registration sales and prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphic designers; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Researches competitive landscape by identifying and evaluating other events, pricing strategies, and advertising tactics; maintains a database of key competitors and event dates.
- Supports event management staff by providing sales data, market trends, attendee forecasts; relays customer services requests and common issues.
- Provides weekly updates to assess grassroots initiatives and strategize outreach including the distribution of brochures posters.
- Plans ancillary promotional events or trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and budgets to hold them;
- Monitors marketing budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Accomplishes organization goals by maintaining flexibility with new and different event management requests.
Manages Consumer Communication including:
- Customer service emails and phone calls to solve runner related problems and questions
- Web site race information, content, and race updates
- Informational email campaigns- to include final instructions, post-race congrats and any necessary event update emails.
- Oversees all event social media accounts and customer service questions/ comments.
- Coordinates with Event management/ operations team to be knowledgeable of event specifics that affect the consumer such as parking and shuttles, course maps, road closure information, community impacts, and entertainment elements like bands and paid talent.
- Oversee marketing deadlines- email send dates, ad placements
- Manage production timelines- primarily design based
- Manage ancillary promotional events
- Oversee an assigned event area on event weekends
- Coordinates branding and design for runner amenities which may include race numbers, finisher medals, participant and volunteer tees, promotional merchandise, goodie bags and other consumer facing race supplies.
- Works with supervisor to attain or exceed budget goals
- Directs and mentors event assistants, coordinators, or interns if applicable
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Sports Marketing and/or Event Management
- Exceptionally strong communication skills and professional demeanor
- Experience with budgeting and understanding of P & L statements
- Ability to multi-task, with a high level of personal initiative and self-drive
- Excellent interpersonal skills – builds effective working relationships on all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Mailchimp, social media platforms and Facebook advertising, basic design skills in adobe suite a plus
- Travel including weekends will be required several times a year for events and/or event promotion
Easy Day Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, military status, or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Easy Day Sports
124 Orange Avenue, Suite 202
Coronado, CA 92118