Cops and Robbers: Vehicle Break Ins and Vandalism (6/20/18-6/28/18)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

6/27/18: Petty Theft near 1400 block of Second Street

Unknown suspect removed an unlocked bicycle from the bicycle rack in front of the location. The total loss is approximately $130.

6/26/18: Burglary of the Second Degree near 1500 block of Pomona Avenue

Unknown suspect defeated the door lock security of the victim’s locked truck. The suspect stole several government-issued identification documents belonging the victim and approximately $2,300 of the victim’s personal property from inside the vehicle.

6/26/18: Burglary of the Second Degree near 900 block of Ocean Boulevard

Unknown suspect gained entry to a locked truck parked at the location and stole a purse containing a camera and make-up bag.

6/24/18: Burglary of the First Degree near 2000 block of Second Street

Unknown suspect entered the Coronado Island Marriott Resort and Spa and made entry through a window and left through the back sliding glass door.

6/22/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 1200 block of First Street

Victim’s vehicle was vandalized by an unknown suspect. The rear driver’s side window was shattered with no other damage to the vehicle.

6/20/18-6/21/18: False Impersonation near 1000 block of Pine Street

Victim was defrauded out of $3,000 via a bank wire transfer through an email fraud by an unknown suspect.

6/20/18: Burglary of the Second Degree near 200 block of F Avenue

Unknown suspect entered the victim’s home, taking several items totaling approximately $4651. There were no signs of forced entry, and it is unknown how the suspect entered the home.

Arrests:

6/28/18: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1100 block of Third Street

48 year old male

6/25/18: Possession of Controlled Substance for Sale – Felony near 500 block of Glorietta Boulevard

49 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com