Cops and Robbers: Attempted Robbery at the Hotel Del Boardwalk

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

11/11/18: Petty Theft near 1500 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect stole the victim’s bicycle which was locked to a bicycle rack at the Hotel Del Coronado near the valet kiosk. The estimated loss is $500.

11/9/18: Attempted Robbery near 1500 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect attempted to forcefully take the 92-year-old victim’s walker, walking cane, and purse while the victim was lying on a bench along the Hotel Del Coronado boardwalk. THe suspect was unsuccessful and fled in an unknown direction.

11/8/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 1100 block of Fourth Street

A radar-enforced street sign owned by the State of California was vandalized with black marker by an unknown suspect.

Arrests:

11/14/18: Resisting Police Officer – Misdemeanor near 1200 block of First Street

52 year old male

11/12/18: Grand Theft Property – Felony near 2000 block of Second Street

37 year old male

11/12/18: Inflicting Corporal Injury on Spouse/Cohabitant – Felony near 1500 block of Orange Avenue

31 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com