Cops and Robbers: Checks Stolen and Forged (10/20/18-10/24/18)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

10/24/18: False Impersonation to Attain Money near 1300 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect posed as the victim’s boss and convinced the victim to purchase some money gift cards and to text him photos and codes for each card.

-Advertisement-

10/20/18: Forgery near 600 block of First Avenue

Unknown suspect attempted to cash a stolen and forged check. When a teller from the bank called the victim, it was confirmed that the victim’s checks had been stolen.

10/20/18: Petty Theft near 800 block of Orange Avenue

Victim reported that an unknown subject took her road bike by cutting the lock attached to the bike stand. Victim valued the stolen bike at $325.

Arrests:

10/23/18: Robbery – Felony near 1300 block of Ynez Place

57 year old female

10/23/18: Petty Theft – Misdemeanor near 100 block of Orange Avenue

58 year old female

10/21/18: Assault with Deadly Weapon – Felony near 1000 block of B Avenue

56 year old male

10/21/18: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1200 block of Tenth Street

18 year old male

10/20/18: Driving While On Probation for DUI – Misdemeanor near 2000 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

26 year old male

10/20/18: Possession of Controlled Substance – Misdemeanor near 2000 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

26 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com