- Police, Fire and Lifeguards held annual Public Safety Open House last Sunday
- Construction to begin on the SR75 entrance to the Navy’s new Coastal Campus with temporary lane closures and speed restrictions
- Decal Parking Permit Zone has been suspended for a one year trial period
- Street, curb, gutter work, as well street preventative maintenance are in progress and continuing
- The Aquatics Center pool maintenance and repairs were completed early and the pool opened on Oct. 12 so the BBMAC will no longer have hours for Community Center pool patrons
- New trash receptacles are being tested at Orange and 10th, call the city with your comments at 522-7380
- Telephone poles across from Loews at Silver Strand State Beach are part of a special event and will be removed by October 23
- Village Theatre will celebrate its 70th anniversary on October 25
- Coronado Island Film Festival set for Veterans Day weekend, November 9-12
- The City is co-hosting a Wounded Warrior Reception on November 12 and invites the community to register to attend
- Seniors Out and About looking for volunteer drivers
- Coronado Recreation’s annual Halloween Happening will be October 27 from 3:30 to 5:30
- Turkey coloring contest deadline is October 24 and coloring sheets are available online or at the Community Center
- Library will open new exhibit on Oct. 16 commemorating work of the late art director, Alexander Golitzen, compliments of CIFF
Each week, the City Manager’s Office provides an update that includes information on programs, services and issues within the City, as well as news, project updates and follow-up information when necessary.
Get up to speed on what’s going on in Coronado with this video preview of the latest edition of the Coronado City Manager’s Weekly Update, as well as a sampling of the updates below. Read the full update on the City’s website.
- Decal Parking Permit Zone: The City Council agreed to suspend the City’s Decal Parking Permit Zone for a one-year trial period. The zone was established in 1991 to protect the residential character of the neighborhood near Naval Air Station North Island. At the time, Navy personnel parking off base significantly impacted the area. The initial parking boundaries were expanded in 1996, 2001 and 2005. The Council action, taken Tuesday, October 3, revokes permits and calls for the removal of street signs during the trial period. A letter was mailed this week to inform area residents about the trial period. It has been posted online.
- Temporary Telephone Poles at State Beach: Drivers passing by Silver Strand State Beach may have noticed more than a dozen telephone poles grouped in the sand directly across from Loews Coronado Bay Resort. They were installed as part of a special team-building rope course event in conjunction with Loews. The poles will continue to be set up through Wednesday, October 18, with cables, rope pulleys and safety ropes. They will be in use by organizers through Friday, October 20, and removed by Monday, October 23.
- Wounded Warriors Reception: The City is co-hosting the Wounded Warrior Reception on Sunday November 12, at 3 p.m., at Maretalia Ristorante, 1300 Orange Ave. Iraq War triple amputee Bryan Anderson will speak and be presented a key to the City of Coronado. To attend the reception, register here.
- New Trash Receptacles: The City of Coronado and Coronado MainStreet are testing out new trash receptacles on the northeast corner of Orange Avenue and Tenth Street. The City hopes to hear from the community about the new look. If the community likes the bins and they successfully do the job, they may replace the 60-plus square concrete receptacles in the business district. Please provide your input to Public Services at (619) 522-7380.
For the complete City Manager’s Weekly Update, visit the city’s website.