Sunday, August 9, 2020

Cops and Robbers: Hospital Security Officer Burned (Feb. 13 – Feb. 23)

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

2/21/2017: Battery near 200 block of Prospect Place
Victim claimed she was struck in the back by suspect. Victim sustained redness and pain to the left side of her back. The suspect also attacked a hospital security guard who sustained a contusion to his right temple and minor burns from a hot liquid.

- Advertisement -

2/19/2017: Petty Theft near 500 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) used pliers in an attempt to cut a combination lock on victim’s bike, they were unsuccessful. The bike, however, was stolen on a second attempt; bike valued at $165.

2/19/2017: Battery near 1700 block of Avenida Del Mundo
Subject struck victim in the face and caused  1/4 inch laceration and swelling to victim’s bottom lip.

2/18/2017: Report of Domestic Violence
Subjects were in an argument while moored near city hall.

2/16/2017: Petty Theft near 700 block of Orange Avenue
Subject is suspected of shoplifting from Village Ace Hardware. Subject ran from police when confronted and was booked on an unrelated outstanding warrant.

2/14/2017: Use of Another Person’s Identification near 1800 block of Avenida Del Mundo
Unknown suspect obtained victim’s social security number and US Bank account information and made several purchases.

2/13/2017: Second Degree Burglary near 900 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown female suspect stole a glass vase from the display in a local store and concealed it in her purse, approximate value of lost item is $1,065.

ARRESTS

2/23/2017: Criminal Threats – Felony near 600 block of D Avenue
16 year old male

2/22/2017: Inflict Injury On Child – Felony near the 800 block of C Avenue
58 year old female

2/22/2017: DUI Alcohol – Misdemeanor near Corner of 9th Street an D Avenue
74 year old female

2/21/2017: Outside of Warrant – Felony near 1800 block of Alameda Boulevard
32 year old male

2/17/2017: Petty theft – Misdemeanor near 100 block of B Avenue
44 year old female

-----
Do You Value The Coronado Times?
Become a Paid Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Action Plan on Racism vs Insulated and Isolated White Community

Submitted by Pam WilsonCoronado Unified intends to present its Action Plan on Racism at their August 13 board meeting. This plan is in response...

Money Shamefully Spent

Submitted by Barry AustinAm I the only one to feel outraged that the Mayor and Council, under cover of restricted public involvement, gave away...

More Questions Than Answers

Submitted by Carolyn RogersonThere are days when I cannot believe the vitriol to be read on the pages of Coronado publications or online. I...

Tim Rohan Announces Candidacy for City Council

Submitted by Tim RohanEvents of the past few weeks have spurred me into action. I see a Council that is out of touch with...

NEW STORIES

Jack and Grace Creatively Raise Funds for CSF During Pandemic

Coronado kids Jack and Grace Elardo began their business Jack and Grace's Pop-Up Stand four years ago when they were in 3rd and 4th...

Local Voices: Coronado Picture-Perfect from the Outside; Not Always So Pretty for a Person of Color

Esme Ronis knew that she was different from the rest of her family. Born in La Paz, Mexico, and adopted by a white family,...

Sue Tushingham McNary (1937-2020)

Sue Tushingham McNary, an internationally renowned artist, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, great grandmother, and loyal friend, passed away peacefully on Monday morning, August 3, 2020,...

Grand Caribe Shoreline Park Temporarily Closed by Port of San Diego

Prioritizing public health, and in alignment with COVID-19 State and County public health orders, Grand Caribe Shoreline Park in the Coronado Cays will be...