Monday, September 21, 2020

Cops and Robbers: Swarovski Binoculars in Stolen Bag (Feb. 8-Feb. 15)

- Advertisement -

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

CRIMES

2/15/2016: Grand Theft Property near 100 block of B Avenue
Unknown white female stole an iPod from unattended shopping cart at local supermarket.

2/15/2016: Domestic Violence near 700 block of Orange
Subjects were involved in verbal argument which did not involve physical contact.

- Advertisement -

2/12/2016: Grand Theft near 4000 block of Coronado Bay Road
Unknown suspect(s) took unattended bag left in the parking garage of a local hotel. The bag contained an Apple iPad valued at $799 and a pair of Swarovski binoculars valued at $2,500.

2/09/2016: Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism near 700 block of 7th Street
Several juveniles broke into a Coronado High School storage locker and built a fort-like object, as a result a camper shell received damage to a fiber glass automobile window.

2/08/2017: Burglary of the First Degree near the 700 block of C Avenue
During work on victim’s residence, foreign coins were stolen from an urn inside of house.

ARRESTS

- Advertisement -

2/15/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
41 year old male

37 year old male

2/12/2016: Possession of Controlled substance – misdemeanor near 1600 block of Pomona Avenue
35 year old male

26 year old female

2/11/2016: Outside of Warrant – misdemeanor near 1600 block of 3rd Street
29 year old male

2/10/2016: Unlawful selling/ distribution of an illegal substance – felony near 600 block of Orange Avenue
22 year old male

2/10/2017: Peeping Tom – misdemeanor near 1000 block of Alemeda Boulevard
64 year old male

-----
Do You Value Local News?
Become a Paid Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Endorsement for Stacy Keszei for Coronado Unified School Board

Submitted by Matthew GriffithPlease accept this letter as an endorsement for Stacy Keszei for Coronado Unified School Board. Having personally known Stacy and her...

Golf Course Water Recycling – Story Poles Misleading

Submitted by Ann WilsonI watched last week’s Golf Course Advisory Committee Meeting on Coronado TV with interest as city staff was presenting information about...

Strong Support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Jon Palmieri & Cara ClancyWe are writing to affirm our strong support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. Having lived in...

A Thank You to the Coronado Police Department

Submitted by Sebastian Taylor  Coronado Police Department; I Wish I Was Suprised, I'm Not...A few days ago, I witnessed something, something which, to many would...

NEW STORIES

Artist Profile: Dave Samara, Bagpipes (video)

The plaintive call of bagpipes, yes bagpipes, sings out on Orange Avenue most Saturday afternoons as musician Dave Samara seeks to help a local...

Voting and Ballot Drop-Off Locations for Coronado

The City of Coronado will have two locations to drop-off your ballot:Coronado Library, located at 640 Orange Avenue - do not put in...

John Duncan Dreams Big: City Council Candidate Talks Housing, Beach Pollution, Tourism and Diversity

For John Duncan--who’s running for Coronado City Council--it was all a dream.In 2006, before he lived here full-time, Duncan rented a historic home on...

COVID-19 and Flu Shot Update From Sharp Coronado Hospital

Six months after the county shut down in response the coronavirus in mid-March, Sharp Coronado CEO Susan Stone shares what the COVID-19 numbers currently...

Short Council Meeting Focused on Awards and COVID-19 Business Accommodations

For the first time in months, the City Council began its September 15 meeting with a ceremonial presentation to proclaim “Arts in Education Week”...