Friday, April 19, 2024

Police Blotter May 26th – June 1st: Local Hotel Staff Room Vandalized

Crime

Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism

Unknown Suspect(s) used a white spray paint to vandalize the wall, park bench, and fencing of the tennis courts.

200 block of Coronado Cays Boulevard

5/24/2015

Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism

Unknown Suspect(s) gained access to the secure housekeeping room of El Cordova Hotel and vandalized the interior with milk and eggs.

1300 block of Orange Boulevard

5/21/2015

Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism

Unknown Suspect(s) used an unknown tool to scratch paint from a victim’s vehicle. The scratch extended from the front right passenger door to the rear right passenger door. The suspect(s) also broke the rear windshield wiper by bending it away from the car.

1400 block of 2nd Street

4/21/2015-5/24/2015

Use of Anothers Personal Identification

Unknown Suspect(s) filed Federal and Michigan State taxes using victim’s name and social security number.

Location Unknown

5/18/2015

Defrauding an Innkeeper (More than $400)

Subjects checked into the Hotel Del Coronado and charged multiple services and items to their room, and left the hotel failing to fully pay for the services. The approximate loss for the Hotel Del Coronado is $3,238.90.

1500 block of Orange Avenue

5/24/2015

Grand Theft

Unknown Suspect(s) stole the victim’s briefcase from the front entryway to his residence. The briefcase contained a 64 GB Apple iPhone 5S and a 64 GB IPad Mini. The total loss is approximately $2,057.

400 block of E Avenue

5/26/2015

Grand Theft Property

Unknown Suspect(s) entered the secure parking garage to the victim’s apartment complex and stole various items from the victim’s lost shed; total estimated loss is $2,470.

800 block of E Avenue

5/20/2015

Second Degree Burglary

Unknown Suspect(s) cute a padlock securing a shipping container and took numerous hand tools, the total loss is estimated at $2,375.

500 block of Country Club Lane

5/23/2015

First Degree Burglary

Unknown Suspect(s) entered the victim’s home, removed property, and then fled; the total loss is estimated at $850.

100 block of E Avenue

5/21/2015

Petty Theft

Unknown Suspect(s) took victim’s bicycle from his golf cart, which was parked at the rear of his house; the estimated loss is $200.

1100 block of Alameda Boulevard

5/24/2015

Petty Theft

Unknown Suspect(s) took victim’s purse, which was left at a table inside a local pizzeria.

800 block of Orange Avenue

5/21/2015

Petty Theft

Unknown Suspect(s) stole a yellow Encinitas nine-foot surfboard from a secured locker inside an unlocked residential parking garage.

700 block of Orange Avenue

5/21/2015

Arrests

Outside Warrant- Misdemeanor

24 year old black male

300 block of Pomona Avenue

5/23/2015

DUI Alcohol/ Causing Bodily Injury or Death- Felony

21 year old Hispanic male

600 block of Orange Avenue

5/21/2015

Grace Sylvester
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: [email protected]

More Local News