Soccer: CHS Girls 0-0 Tie and a One Point Loss

Last Wednesday, the Islander Girls’ Varsity Soccer team traveled to Mira Mesa High School for a no-score game. With excellent defense on both teams, the ball effectively stayed out of both goals. Goalkeeper Shelby Linde saved seven goal attempts by Mira Mesa. “Our ladies battled and refused to lose,” says Coach Mike Costaglio.

On Friday, Coronado hosted San Diego High School for another defensive game. Of her opponents’ goal attempts, Linde saved six out of seven. Coach Costaglio comments, “Julia Williams played brilliantly at center back, fending off San Diego’s forward players.” Unfortunately, the Islanders were unable to score for the duration of the game and fell 0-1.

The team currently holds a season record of seven wins to two losses to four ties.

-Advertisement-
Upcoming Matches:
  • Wednesday, January 23 vs. Clairemont High School @ 5:15 PM (Home)

• Friday, January 25 vs. Lincoln High School @ 5:15 PM (Away)

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com