Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Police Blotter: Mother Foils Son’s Illegal Plans (July 19 – July 28)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

7/27/2016: Battery near 800 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) threw a soda can at victim. The victim was hit in the chest.

- Advertisement -

7/24/2016: Defrauding an InnKeeper near 1000 block of Park Place
Subjects stayed four nights at a hotel, but only paid for one night, leaving a large bill over over $1,400.

7/23/2016: Petty theft near 1600 block of Glorietta Boulevard
Unknown suspect(s) stole victim’s iPhone 6 from a table, valued at $700.

- Advertisement -

7/22/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 700 block of Glorietta Boulevard
Unknown suspect(s) stole victim’s mountain bike, located originally in his garage.

7/19/2016: Violation of Parole near 300 block of C Avenue
Subject was called in by his own mother because he attempted to contact someone who is the protected person in a criminal protective order- domestic violence court case.

ARRESTS

7/28/2016: Outside of Warrant – Felony near 1100 block of 4th Street
25 year old Hispanic male

7/26/2016: Embezzle Private Property – Felony near 200 block of D Avenue
48 year old white female

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times.

-----
Do You Value Local News?
Become a Paid Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Shane DurkinFriends and Neighbors,This letter is to affirm my support for Nick Kato to be elected to the Coronado School Board. I...

Support for Whitney Antrim for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Whitney BenzianI am supporting Whitney Antrim for the Coronado School Board. I have known Whitney since our snazzy red sweater days at...

In Support of Whitney Antrim for CUSD Board

Submitted by Charlie KhouryWhat should the community of Coronado want in their school board?A board member who puts children first. Anyone who has...

Support for Whitney Antrim for School Board

Submitted by Mali HinesleyAs a Coronado native and someone who actively cares about our community, I’m honored to support Whitney Antrim for local school...

NEW STORIES

CUSD Board Meeting: Phase 3 Reopening, Equity Committee Formation and Upcoming Election

The Coronado Unified District School Board met on Thursday, October 15 at 4 pm at the district offices located at 201 Sixth Street. Community...

Quarantine Family Collaboration: How Olympian Jesse Smith Brought Water Polo to a Children’s Book

What started as a series of bedtime stories quickly grew into a family collaboration and COVID-quarantine project, resulting in the world’s first illustrated children’s...

Frontline Workers: Coronado Grocery Employees Share Insights

Grocery stores and markets are among the essential businesses called on to remain open from the start and throughout the continued duration of the...

City Council Candidates Get Down To Business – Forum Video Link

The Coronado Chamber of Commerce was delighted to welcome the four candidates running for Coronado City Council to a socially-distanced forum at the Coronado...

Coronado Democratic Club Hosts Candidate and Ballot Measures Forums (videos)

CDC Coronado City Council Candidate Forum https://youtu.be/eq0QhMDyInkCDC Coronado School Board Candidate Forum https://youtu.be/44tY5T7YGLkCDC Ballot Propositions Forum presented by the League of Women Voters https://youtu.be/INyhaU6Q6PUFind more information on...