Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Police Blotter: Thefts of Bike, ID, Jewelry, Wallet, Money (July 12- July 20)

police

- Advertisement -

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

CRIMES

- Advertisement -

7/19/2016: Petty theft near 400 block of Pomona Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) stole a Coronado Police Department Identification card and $1 in coins.

7/17/2016: Battery on a Spouse or Cohabitant near 3500 block of Silver Strand Boulevard
A male and female got into a verbal argument as they drove to work, the confrontation got physical as they began to steal each other’s property.

- Advertisement -

7/17/2016: Burglary of the First Degree near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) gained access to victim’s hotel room and stole victim’s jewelry.

7/16/2016: Petty Theft near 1300 block of 10th Street
Unknown suspect(s) stole victim’s wallet and fled the scene undetected.

7/15/2016: Malicious Mischief/ Vandalism near 100 block of I Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) used an unknown object to break into a vehicle.

7/13/2016: Petty theft near 400 block of H Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) stole victim’s bicycle, valued at $350.

7/13/2016: Petty Theft near 900 block of 10th Street
Unknown Suspect(s) stole an overnight duffel bag with various toiletries and a blackberry cellular from victim’s vehicle.

7/13/2016: Tamper with Auto near 0 block of Green Turtle Road
Unknown Suspect(s) tampered with the vehicle in order to gain access to the interior.

7/12/2016: Leave an Animal Unattended in a Vehicle near 1000 block of Isabella Avenue
A dog was removed from being locked in a car after several failed attempts of contacting the owner and then placed into the custody of PAWS Coronado.

ARRESTS

7/20/2016: Battery of a Spouse or Cohabitant – Misdemeanor near 1100 block of Adella
40 year old white male

7/16/2016: Disorderly Conduct: Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
43 year old Hispanic female

7/15/2016: DUI Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 2000 block of Mullinix Drive
43 year old Hispanic female

7/15/2016: DUI Drugs – Misdemeanor near 800 block of G Avenue
20 year old Hispanic male

7/14/2016: Illegal Speed Contest – Misdemeanor
21 year old asian male

7/13/2016: Hit and Run Property Damage – Misdemeanor
23 year old black male

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times.

-----
Do You Value Local News?
Become a Paid Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Shane DurkinFriends and Neighbors,This letter is to affirm my support for Nick Kato to be elected to the Coronado School Board. I...

Support for Whitney Antrim for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Whitney BenzianI am supporting Whitney Antrim for the Coronado School Board. I have known Whitney since our snazzy red sweater days at...

In Support of Whitney Antrim for CUSD Board

Submitted by Charlie KhouryWhat should the community of Coronado want in their school board?A board member who puts children first. Anyone who has...

Support for Whitney Antrim for School Board

Submitted by Mali HinesleyAs a Coronado native and someone who actively cares about our community, I’m honored to support Whitney Antrim for local school...

NEW STORIES

CUSD Board Meeting: Phase 3 Reopening, Equity Committee Formation and Upcoming Election

The Coronado Unified District School Board met on Thursday, October 15 at 4 pm at the district offices located at 201 Sixth Street. Community...

Quarantine Family Collaboration: How Olympian Jesse Smith Brought Water Polo to a Children’s Book

What started as a series of bedtime stories quickly grew into a family collaboration and COVID-quarantine project, resulting in the world’s first illustrated children’s...

Frontline Workers: Coronado Grocery Employees Share Insights

Grocery stores and markets are among the essential businesses called on to remain open from the start and throughout the continued duration of the...

City Council Candidates Get Down To Business – Forum Video Link

The Coronado Chamber of Commerce was delighted to welcome the four candidates running for Coronado City Council to a socially-distanced forum at the Coronado...

Coronado Democratic Club Hosts Candidate and Ballot Measures Forums (videos)

CDC Coronado City Council Candidate Forum https://youtu.be/eq0QhMDyInkCDC Coronado School Board Candidate Forum https://youtu.be/44tY5T7YGLkCDC Ballot Propositions Forum presented by the League of Women Voters https://youtu.be/INyhaU6Q6PUFind more information on...