Cops and Robbers: Prescription Forgery (12/30/18-1/9/19)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

1/9/19: Petty Theft near 1000 block of B Avenue

Unidentified adult male stole an unlocked and unattended bicycle from the location. The bicycle was valued at $300.

-Advertisement-

1/3/19: Petty Theft near 900 block of Orange Avenue

Suspect stole retail merchandise while inside the victim’s business. An employee witnessed the theft and identified the suspect using their local database and the suspect’s personal check.

1/3/19: Resisting Police Officer near 1100 block of Fourth Street

Police were called regarding a road rage incident. Upon arrival in the area, where the vehicles involved were last seen, both parties were located still at the scene. The suspect, who saw the officer in full uniform, ignored commands to stop his vehicle so that the officer could investigate the incident, and then fled the scene.

12/30/18-1/3/19: Forgery near 100 block of C Avenue

Unknown suspect used the victim’s prescription pad to forge a prescription in an attempt to obtain medication.

Arrests:

1/7/19: Inflicting Corporal Injury on Spouse/Cohabitant – Felony near 300 block of D Avenue

30 year old male

1/6/19: Giving False Information to Police Officer – Misdemeanor near 300 block of I Avenue

24 year old male

1/5/19: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1000 block of First Street

60 year old female

1/4/19: Driving With Willful Disregard for Safety – Felony near 1500 block of Fourth Street

19 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com