Cops and Robbers: Dog Taken from Inside Residence (7/8/18-7/19/18)

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

7/16/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 1000 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect, using unknown force, destroyed the wooden piano bench for the public piano at Rotary Park. The damaged bench was collected from the scene, and the incident was later reported to the police. The total value lost for the bench is $200.

Public Art Piano images
Images from City Manager’s Weekly Update

7/16/18: Fraudulent Use of Access Card near 1200 block of First Street

Unknown suspect stole victim’s wallet while she was on a San Diego Metropolitan Transit System bus. A fraudulent charge of $70 was attempted on a credit card that was inside the wallet but was declined. The monetary loss is $55.

7/14/18: Grand Theft near 1500 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect cut a bicycle cable lock and removed a bicycle from the location. The total loss is approximately $1,100.

7/13/18: Petty Theft near 1500 block of First Street

Unknown suspect stole an unattended package containing three closet rails. The total amount lost is $63.

7/10/18: Burglary of the First Degree near 800 block of E Avenue

Suspect climbed the fence and entered the victim’s residence through the sliding glass door in the front yard. The suspect then retrieved the dog from the inside of the residence and fled the scene.

7/8/18-7/10/18: Obtaining Money by False Pretenses near 200 block of C Avenue

Unknown suspect┬ádefrauded victim into transferring $1,500 in order to claim money she supposedly won by being randomly selected with the National Endowment for Humanity foundation. Victim’s total loss is $1,516.

Arrests:

7/19/18: Inflicting Corporal Injury on Spouse/Cohabitant – Felony near Third Street and Glorietta Boulevard

24 year old male

7/19/18: Battery – Misdemeanor near 1400 block of Seventh Street

62 year old female

7/17/18: Outside Warrant on Misdemeanor Charge – Misdemeanor near 7400 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

18 year old female

7/16/18: Evading Peace Officer – Misdemeanor near 300 block of Fifth Street

18 year old male

7/14/18: Using a Controlled Substance – Misdemeanor near 100 block of B Avenue

44 year old female

7/11/18: Outside Warrant on Misdemeanor Charge – Misdemeanor near 300 block of D Avenue

26 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Avatar
Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com