Cops and Robbers: Arrests for Child Cruelty, Loaded Firearm & Grand Theft

Thanks to the Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes:

6/12/18-6/13/18: Petty Theft near 400 block of E Avenue

Unknown subject removed an unlocked bicycle from the side walkway at the location and fled in an unknown direction. The bike is valued at $100.

6/10/18: Petty Theft near 100 block of B Avenue

Unknown suspect filled a shopping bag with an unknown quantity of Red Bull energy drinks and other items. After gathering these items, suspect left the grocery store without paying.

6/9/18: Petty Theft near 1100 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect stole three towels from a store at the location. The value of the towels is $68.97.

6/9/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 5500 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

An officer was on patrol in a marked police vehicle. After taking the southbound exit at the Coronado Cays Boulevard off-ramp, he noticed that unknown subjects had painted the letters “YEHI” in black paint on the northwest side of the overpass.

6/8/18-6/9/18: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 400 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect used an unknown tool to scrape the victim’s vehicle and also urinated on the hood of the vehicle.

6/8/18: Petty Theft near 900 block of Orange Avenue

Unknown suspect stole the victim’s credit and debit card and used it to make over $1500 worth of charges at a Target store.

Arrests:

6/14/18: Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Police Officers – Misdemeanor near 2000 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

45 year old male

6/14/18: Vandalism ($400 or more) – Felony near 1000 block of Seventh Street

45 year old male

6/13/18: Grand Theft Property – Felony near 100 block of D Avenue

36 year old male

6/13/18: Robbery – Felony near 1500 block of Orange Avenue

17 year old male

6/12/18: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 600 block of Pomona Avenue

41 year old male

6/11/18: Child Cruelty – Felony near 200 block Ocean Drive

40 year old female

6/10/18: Driving with Suspended License – Misdemeanor near 300 block of B Avenue

32 year old male

6/10/18: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1000 block Ninth Street

76 year old male

6/10/18: Inflict Corporal Injury on Spouse/Cohabitant – Felony near 500 block of Palm Avenue

52 year old female

6/9/18: Carrying Loaded Firearm – Felony near 2000 block of Mullinix Drive

35 year old male

6/9/18: Battery on Spouse or Cohabitant – Misdemeanor near 700 block of Orange Avenue

27 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com