Swim: CHS Competes in Best Meet of the Season

Yesterday, Coronado’s swim team competed in their best meet of the season so far at Cathedral Catholic High School. Receiving qualification times in several events, nearly every competitor had their best times of the season. “All three boys’ relays qualified automatically for CIF,” commented Coach Jim Vance.

Top performers included Sam Wright, who won the 50-meter freestyle, with an automatic CIF-qualifying time of 22.24 seconds. In the 200-meter Individual Medley (which consists of the four swimming strokes in the following order: butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle), Samantha McNall won with another CIF-qualifying time, as well as in the 100-meter breaststroke.

-Advertisement-

Coach Vance said, “Things are moving forward quite well. We are focused on taking the next step in performance and development, not just physically, but especially mentally.”

Upcoming Meet:

Friday, April 20 vs. Bishops at the BBMAC @ 3:30 PM

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com