Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Community

Community Voices: Is the City all over the Road?

The Coronado City manager is moving forward with big plans for Third Street that may result in a "duplication of services." The city will...

Coronado Living: 7 Things to Love About Coronado (Especially After You Spend Some Time Away)

This past weekend my husband and I took a short getaway trip to NYC. There are few places on earth that I enjoy more...

Sharing the Stoke: KCMS Covers the History of Surfing in Coronado (Video)

Coronado Middle School's KCMS recently interviewed local surfers around Coronado to capture memories of surfing adventures around the "island". Watch the video...

Community Voices: A request for help from the Coronado Community (Incident at Dog Beach)

On Saturday, June 6th, our daughter brought her two year old male mini dachshund named Guinness to Coronado Dog Beach. At 12:15 PM, while...

Silver Strand Elementary Celebrates 50 Years of Voyager Pride

"Oh beautiful, distinguished school, on shores of golden sand. For learning at its very best, come here to Silver Strand! Oh Silver Strand,...

Phil Fitzgerald New Head of City’s Golf and Tennis Operations

Phil Fitzgerald in his office at the Coronado Municipal Golf Course Seven weeks into his new job and Phil Fitzgerald is still working 12- to...

Avenue of Heroes: Hospital Corpsman First Class (HM1) Jeff “JT” Taylor – Navy SEAL

Hospital Corpsman First Class (HM1) Jeff "JT" Scott Taylor Navy SEALBy Coronado Scribe, Mike Lavin, May 2015The erudite and prescient final letter to his wife...

Coronado Living: Insider Tips for Exploring the Tide Pools at Sunset Cliffs

My husband is a veterinarian, which means we spend a lot of our time together outdoors or around animals. One of his favorite places...

Community Voices: April 2015: 1.5 Million Vehicles on Third Street, Only 5 Speed Citations Written

Toni Atkins, Speaker of the California State Assembly, and Coronado's regional representative, held a community meeting at the Coronado Library Thursday, May 28th, at...

Armchair Travel Continues Successful Run at Community Center: June Program to feature Laos

CORONADO, CA (May 27, 2015) – The City of Coronado is pleased to announce the next Armchair Travel Program, which is regularly held...

Coronado Living: That First Concert in the Park of the Summer…

My husband mused on Sunday afternoon, "And tonight we have no plans..." "... except Concert in the Park! First of the season!" I...

Obituary: Gene Paul Cech, 1939 – 2015

Gene Paul Cech passed away on May 19, 2015, in San Diego, California. He was the son of Joseph A. Cech and...
Advertisement

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Endorsement for Stacy Keszei for Coronado Unified School Board

Submitted by Matthew GriffithPlease accept this letter as an endorsement for Stacy Keszei for Coronado Unified School Board. Having personally known Stacy and her...

Golf Course Water Recycling – Story Poles Misleading

Submitted by Ann WilsonI watched last week’s Golf Course Advisory Committee Meeting on Coronado TV with interest as city staff was presenting information about...

Strong Support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Jon Palmieri & Cara ClancyWe are writing to affirm our strong support for Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. Having lived in...

A Thank You to the Coronado Police Department

Submitted by Sebastian Taylor  Coronado Police Department; I Wish I Was Suprised, I'm Not...A few days ago, I witnessed something, something which, to many would...

NEW STORIES

San Diego County to Remain In Red Tier

After being on the brink of falling into the most restrictive Purple Tier, San Diego County will remain in Tier Two, or the Red...

National Voter Registration Day – Sept. 22, 2020

The fourth Tuesday in September is National Voter Registration Day, that's today, September 22, 2020. It's a reminder that you must be registered to...

Artist Profile: Dave Samara, Bagpipes (video)

The plaintive call of bagpipes, yes bagpipes, sings out on Orange Avenue most Saturday afternoons as musician Dave Samara seeks to help a local...

Voting and Ballot Drop-Off Locations for Coronado

The City of Coronado will have two locations to drop-off your ballot:Coronado Library, located at 640 Orange Avenue - do not put in...

John Duncan Dreams Big: City Council Candidate Talks Housing, Beach Pollution, Tourism and Diversity

For John Duncan--who’s running for Coronado City Council--it was all a dream.In 2006, before he lived here full-time, Duncan rented a historic home on...