Cops and Robbers: Scammed by Fraud and Deceit (9/17/17-9/27/17)

Thanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

Crimes

9/25/17: Petty Theft near 200 block of Prospect Place

Unkown suspect(s) took items out of the victim’s unlocked vehicle. The total approximate loss is $500.

9/24/17-9/25/17: Burglary of the First Degree near 4500 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

Unknown suspect(s) entered the victim’s RV and took the victim’s wallet.

9/23/17: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 400 block of First Street

Unknown suspect(s) vandalized the back of a directional street sign at the location.

9/23/17: Petty Theft near 900 block of D Avenue

Unknown suspect(s) took an unlocked bicycle from the courtyard of an apartment building. The suspect fled undetected from the area. The total loss value of the bicycle $250.

9/22/17: Trespassing near 300 block of C Avenue

The suspect(s) entered the victim’s occupied residence in the middle of the night without the victim’s permission

9/20/17: Malicious Mischief/Vandalism (Misdemeanor) near 1000 block of Ocean Boulevard

Unknown suspect(s), using a black felt marker, vandalized a concrete bench. The ink from the marker caused permanent damage to the surface of the bench.

9/20/17: Impersonation with Intent to Attain Money near 1700 block of Avenida Del Mundo

Victim was defrauded out of $1500 through a phone/computer scam.

9/17/17: NSF Checks (Felony) near 1000 block of First Street

Suspect used fraud and deceit via email to get victim to buy goods on his behalf. Victim purchased $4,450 worth of iTunes gift cards and $1,660 worth of money transfers. Victim was reimbursed with personal checks that were not honored by the bank.

Arrests

9/27/17: Outside Warrant – Misdemeanor near 800 block of Orange Avenue

51 year old male

9/25/17: Child Cruelty – Felony near 3500 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

47 year old male

9/23/17: Inflicting Corporal Injury on Spouse/Cohabitant – Felony near 3200 block of Silver Strand Boulevard

26 year old female

9/21/17: Minor In Possession of Marijuana near 1000 block of Park Place

17 year old male

Get breaking Coronado news in your inbox >> SUBSCRIBE
SHARE

Andres is a student at Coronado High School. He was a part of the KCMS Broadcast Journalism program in middle school, giving him experience in the fields of both filmmaking and news coverage. Now writing for the high school newspaper and The Coronado Times, Andres aspires to become a writer in the future and will study philosophy and creative writing after he graduates. Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@coronadotimes.com