Friday, October 30, 2020

Police Blotter: Burglary Leaves Lasting Impression on Tourist (June 27 – July 6)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

7/6/2016: Burglary of the Second Degree near 800 block of G Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) broke into victim’s family car and stole miscellaneous items of total net worth of $2,256.

- Advertisement -

7/4/2016: Petty Theft near Undisclosed Location
Wallet was stolen from visitor to Coronado Island during their first Fourth of July weekend on island.

7/4/2016: Grand Theft Property near 800 block of B Avenue
Victim had his laptop stolen while attending Concert in the Park.

- Advertisement -

6/30/2016: Grand Theft near 1300 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) broke into the trunk of victim’s car and stole a briefcase containing valuable items.

6/27/2016: Fraudulent Use of Access Card (Over $400) near 900 block of Pomona
Local real-estate agent reports a possible scam.

ARRESTS

7/6/2016: Hit and Run Property Damage – Misdemeanor near 400 block of B Avenue
33 year old Hispanic Female

7/4/2016: DUI Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 300 block of Pomona Avenue
33 year old black male

7/4/016: Disorderly Conduct: Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
16 year old black male

7/3/2016: Inflict Corporal Injury on Spouse/ Cohabitant – Felony near 700 block of Orange
23 year old Hispanic female

7/3/2016: Inflict Corporal Injury on Spouse/ Cohabitant – Felony near 2000 block of 2nd Street
48 year old white male

6/30/2016: DUI Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 400 block of D Avenue
34 year old Hispanic female

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times.

Support Coronado JournalismYour support will enable us to continue publishing informative and inspirational stories about the issues and people of the Coronado community.
Become a Monthly Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Nick Kato for CUSD School Board 2020: Video Interviews

Submitted by Nick KatoHello Coronado! I’ve collected the various video interviews I’ve done with notable and well-respected members of the community. I’ve been so...

Inside the Registrar of Voters Office

Submitted by Brad GerbelLast week, I spent the afternoon at the San Diego County Registrar of Voters (“ROV”) office in Kearny Mesa as an...

Figures Don’t Lie

Submitted by J. Fitzgerald KemmettWe would all think the world is coming to an end with the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths dominating...

In support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Sherry Hughes RichterI'm writing in support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. As a product of Coronado schools and a member of a...

NEW STORIES

Coronado Veteran Takes Business to New Heights with iFLY Oceanside

Coronado residents Melissa and Robert Blomsness own an indoor skydiving center called iFLY Oceanside. Rob is a combat Navy SEAL sniper who trained in...

Local Dog Treat Company Knick Knack Paddy Whack Helps “Give a Dog a Home”

A new local dog treat company is helping rescue dogs find their forever homes. Knick Knack Paddy Whack aims to stop the euthanasia of...

InclusioNado Organizes CUSD Diversity Book Drive

Following the social unrest of summer 2020, a group of Coronado community members formed the grassroots organization, InclusioNado. The mission of InclusioNado is to...

Coronado Crossing Guards Assist with Student & Family Safety

After months of distance learning at home, cohorts of Coronado students are slowly returning to school, which means many bikes, scooters, skateboards, and pedestrians...

Public Invited to ‘Virtual’ Avenue of Heroes Banner Ceremony Nov. 7

The City of Coronado invites the community to attend a very special Avenue of Heroes Banner Dedication Ceremony, which will be held “virtually” on...