Friday, October 30, 2020

Police Blotter: Unwanted Guests at the Hotel Del? (June 22-July 3)

policeThanks to the City of Coronado Police Department for providing The Coronado Times with the below information (partial list):

- Advertisement -

CRIMES

6/28/2016: Trespassing near 1500 block of Orange Avenue
The Hotel Del had discovered that an unoccupied room had been entered and used without consent of the hotel.

- Advertisement -

6/27/2016: Pass Fictitious Check near 1600 block of Strand Way
Unknown subject had cashed a check out in Vvictim’s name for 480 dollars without his permission.

6/25/2016: Battery On Spouse or Cohabitant near 5000 block of SR-75
Subject and victim were driving and became involved in a verbal argument, as the argument got heated, the subject turned and punched the victim in the face, the subject’s whereabouts are now unknown.

- Advertisement -

6/25/2016: Domestic Violence Case near undisclosed location
Victim stated she was beat by her domestic partner for several years during their relationship.

6/24/2016: Petty Theft near 200 block of Orange Avenue
Unknown suspect(s) stole American flag from victim’s first floor balcony.

6/23/2016: Petty Theft near 1900 block of Strand Way
Unknown subject stole victim’s valuables as she walked away briefly to tend to her grandchildren.

ARRESTS

7/3/2016: Improper Showing of Registration – Misdemeanor near 4300 block of SR-75
38 year old Hispanic female

7/3/2016: Outside of Warrant – Felony near 1100 block of Adella Avenue
40 year old white male

7/2/2016: DUI: Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 7400 block of SR-75
50 year old white male

6/27/2016: DUI: Alcohol – Misdemeanor near 600 block of B Avenue
28 year old white female

6/25/2016: Disorderly Conduct Due to Alcohol near 400 block of D Avenue
42 year old white female

6/23/2016: Battery – Misdemeanor near 200 block of Ocean Boulevard
17 year old Hispanic male

6/22/2016: Hit and Run without a License – Misdemeanor near 1300 Orange Avenue
16 year old Hispanic male

6/22/2016: Possess Marijuana near 600 block of Orange Avenue
17 year old white female

15 year old white male

The Coronado Crime Blotter is published weekly by The Coronado Times.

Support Coronado JournalismYour support will enable us to continue publishing informative and inspirational stories about the issues and people of the Coronado community.
Become a Monthly Supporter

Keep it civil. Comments may be removed or closed if they violate Terms of Service.

Avatar
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: manager@ecoronado.com

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Nick Kato for CUSD School Board 2020: Video Interviews

Submitted by Nick KatoHello Coronado! I’ve collected the various video interviews I’ve done with notable and well-respected members of the community. I’ve been so...

Inside the Registrar of Voters Office

Submitted by Brad GerbelLast week, I spent the afternoon at the San Diego County Registrar of Voters (“ROV”) office in Kearny Mesa as an...

Figures Don’t Lie

Submitted by J. Fitzgerald KemmettWe would all think the world is coming to an end with the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths dominating...

In support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board

Submitted by Sherry Hughes RichterI'm writing in support of Nick Kato for Coronado School Board. As a product of Coronado schools and a member of a...

NEW STORIES

Public Invited to ‘Virtual’ Avenue of Heroes Banner Ceremony Nov. 7

The City of Coronado invites the community to attend a very special Avenue of Heroes Banner Dedication Ceremony, which will be held “virtually” on...

Some Coronado Residents Wake to ‘Racism Lives Here’ Yard Signs

This morning, some Coronado residents found unwanted signs on their lawns with the text “Racism Lives Here” followed by "Make America Great Again!" The...

Emerald Keepers’ Halloween Treat – Look for Painted Rocks This Weekend

With Halloween looking a little different this year, Emerald Keepers wanted to share a little treat with the community. Emerald Keepers is a local non-profit...

Chef Charleen Sandoval is up for the Challenge of a Fine Dining Restaurant During a Pandemic

Starting a new job is never easy, but starting a new job during the pandemic, in an industry that has been hit particularly hard,...

City Council Discusses New LPR Parking Protocol, Special Event Permits, Trees & More

This week’s city council meeting started off with two well-deserved ceremonial presentations and an impressive student presentation by the Coronado Middle School Robotics Team....