The Islander Sports Foundation is seeking to hire an Athletic Director for the after-school middle school sports program. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, communication, and collaboration skills, and should have the ability to administer the athletic program to promote student health, athletic skill and safety. Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday May 1, 2020.
Job Duties :
- Coordinating game schedules with the Athletic Directors of other middle school sports leagues
- Working with school district personnel to secure field/gym space for games/practices
- Communicating with athletes, coaches and parents regarding game/practice schedules
- Coordinating with school administrators regarding student eligibility and early dismissal for athletic contests, when required
- Screening, hiring and supervising of coaches, ensuring adherence to applicable Federal and State regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Managing registration process for each of the three sports seasons, including collecting student athletic fees and health history forms
- Providing updates at Islander Sports Foundation monthly Board meetings and working with individual Board members to problem-solve and address season-related issues
- Serving as a present and positive force representing middle school athletics at a majority of sporting events and school events
- Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of three years combined experience in coaching, recreational sports or health/physical education
- Strong organizational, professional and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with students, parents, and school personnel
- Must be available for occasional area travel, overnight travel and work on evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver license, first aid card, and CPR certification.
Salary: Hourly (approximately 20 hours/week), at a rate commensurate with experience
Contact: Islander Sports Foundation: 650 D Avenue, Coronado, California 92118, email firstname.lastname@example.org