Thursday, April 25, 2024

CHS Student Spotlight: Riley Ferguson

Coronado High School

As an athlete of Coronado High School for the past four years, Riley Ferguson is famous for his record breaking swim times and his excellent attitude on the pool deck. So what is next for this sports star in life? 

Riley Ferguson

1. What have you enjoyed about your high school career?

I am very involved in sports so the best part of my high school career was being on the water polo and swim teams. It was sweet to meet people that had my same interests.

2. Why did you choose water polo to pursue in high school?

I chose water polo because I needed to make new friends; I had just started at Coronado and it was new and a good way to meet cool guys and stay active. My favorite part was definitely winning this Northern California tournament we had and getting as far as we did in CIF as a team.

3. Who has been the most influential teacher within your last four years?

Randall Burgess, he saw the potential in me and pushed me really hard.

4. What is your plan after high school?  

I am going to swim in college at University of California Santa Barbara, I’m super excited.

5. Will you miss the high school?

Mostly I will miss the friends I have made, but I’m excited to have new experiences.

Thank you to Riley Ferguson for answering these questions for Senior Student Spotlight in The Coronado Times. If you know a student who you believe would be an excellent choice for their own Senior Student Spotlight (SSS) please contact us.

Grace Sylvester
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: [email protected]

More Local News