Wednesday, March 27, 2024

CHS Student Spotlight: Danielle Edmonds

This is a segment of eCoronado where we will be interviewing Seniors of the CHS class of 2016 and asking them questions about their future and what they have loved about Coronado High and the island itself, if you are an alumni, read on and see if you relate to this student!

Coronado High SchoolAs a student of Coronado High School, Danielle Edmonds has never failed to grab the attention of a faculty member, whether it is with her kind heart or dazzling smile on stage. Danielle Edmonds

1.What have you enjoyed most about your high school career at CHS? 

I have enjoyed the fact that I can be involved in so many different organizations, clubs, and classes. No one puts limits on how much you can do and it has been great to be exposed to so many different avenues!

2. So you are a student in CoSA Musical Theatre; what made you choose CoSA out of all the programs offered in San Diego County? 

I chose CoSA because when I was a child growing up a lot of the teenagers I did theatre with were in CoSA and they spoke very highly of it. Academics are also very important to me, and with CoSA, as opposed to some other arts programs, I got to attend a highly academic school in addition to an arts school.

3. Who has been the most influential on you, faculty wise at CHS?

The most influential teacher for me as been Ms. Davis. I have had her for the past two years for AP Calculus and she has taught me so much about math and how to be successful in my life and career. She has not only stimulated my academic knowledge, but she has also made me a better person.

4. It’s your final year here at CHS, so what do you plan on doing after graduating? 

I plan to attend New York University at the Tisch School of the Arts as a part of the BFA Drama program. After studying in college, I hope to be a professional performer in New York with the ultimate dream of being on Broadway or SNL.

5. All in all, will you miss the high school as you take off to explore the world? 

Oh my goodness, yes. I will miss high school so much. NYU is a very big school and I will miss the close connection I have with all my teachers and classmates. Also going from a small town like Coronado to New York City will be a big jump and I will miss the sense of community and support. I will also miss all the opportunities I have had to be involved. However, I do feel ready to move on. It is very bitter-sweet for me.

Thank you to Danielle Edmonds for being the first senior student spotlight on eCoronado.com. If you know a student who you believe would be an excellent choice for their own Senior Student Spotlight (SSS) please contact us.

Grace Sylvester
Grace Sylvester
Grace is currently a senior at Coronado High School, she has moved to and from Coronado several times due to her mother being a captain in the Navy. Grace is currently enrolled in the CoSA musical theatre conservatory. the head photographer for the school newspaper, and works as a hostess at Clayton's Coffee Shop.Grace plans on majoring in Vocal Performance and Journalism when she attends university, and hopefully will become an Investigative Journalist for a well known news system.Have news to share? Send tips, story ideas or letters to the editor to: [email protected]

More Local News