eCoronado.com is expanding our local sports coverage and has openings for sports writing interns to cover CHS and other local sports events for eCoronado.com’s 55,000+ monthly readers. Candidates should demonstrate interest in athletics, sports reporting, and/or sports photography. This is a great opportunity for CHS students, recent college grads, military spouses or Coronado locals who are interested in learning more about online media by working for eCoronado.com.
Compensation: Gain Online Writing, Editing and Marketing Experience
Hours: 8 – 10 per week (flexible – work from home)
Location: Coronado Preferred
Length: Semester to Full Year – Starting in Fall 2013
– Writing sports articles and posting photos, events, stats and videos
– Attending and photographing local sporting events
– Building relationships with local teams and athletic organizations
– Weekly staff meetings and team planning
– A strong passion and love for Coronado and local sports
– Excellent editing and writing skills
– Basic understanding of online marketing (ex. SEO, email, social, etc.)
– Solid communication skills (in-person and on phone)
– Willingness to learn quickly and add immediate impact
– Weekly reporting to document activities and learning
– Entrepreneurial spirit and high energy
If you’re interested in joining the eCoronado.com team, please send a resume or writing sample to Brooke Prouty at manager@eCoronado.com.
Have an idea for a story you’d like to read about on eCoronado.com? Contact us.