To feature your event, view our promotional options.
- This event has passed.
Crown City Classic 4th of July Run
2020/07/02 @ 6:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every day that begins at 6:00 am, repeating until 2020/07/04
We will be hosting a modified-live Crown City Classic 12K & 5K Run along the Coronado Bay, starting and finishing in Centennial Park (1101 First Ct, Coronado, CA 92118).
Register today and complete a 12K or 5K run between 6am-11am on July 2 – July 4 along our scenic course!
This run will ensure social distancing and allows you to run the 12K or 5K course with a chipped bib and timing mats!
How It Works:
- Register today!
- If you would like to participate in this optional modified-live run, you will be required to schedule a time to run between July 2 – July 4. If not, you will have the option to run virtually and have your items mailed to your doorstep!
- On June 24th, we will send out times to schedule your reservation for the live run OR choose to have your items mailed as a Virtual Runner.
- Faster runners must schedule their time to be finished prior to 8am.
- We will utilize a ONE runner wave start allowing one person to go every minute.
- You must come in the time slot reserved to pick up your items and start running, no earlier or later to ensure that we avoid crowds.
- We strongly encourage you to bring a face mask if you feel comfortable running in one.
- We will have port-a-johns and hand sanitizer available to you at check-in.
- All runners must obey 6 feet apart distancing and must be courteous of all other pedestrians on the island pathways during their run.
- We will not have a one mile course, but all virtual runners will still be able to submit their results for 1 mile online.
As a part of this initiative, we will be asking all runners to be especially considerate and respect the opportunity given to us in this time. The route will be open to the public and personal expectations of running fast must be done in a way that respects the entire community. All runners will be asked to sign a liability waiver and runner agreement prior to starting their run.
The running route is an established bike path along Glorietta Blvd.