Thursday, March 28, 2024

Coronado Schools Foundation is Buzzing this Fall…

csf_buzzby_bee“For the first time in the Coronado Schools Foundation’s 34-year history, key stakeholders spent the summer working with Raindrop Marketing to look strategically at our brand with a goal to engage and excite the school and greater community in our work to support Coronado Unified public schools,” said Patty Cowan, Chief Executive Officer. “This was made possible by a gift from the Frances Harpst Trust, resulting in our new logo and focus on providing exceptional learning opportunities for our 3,200 students.”

Coronado High School’s Olivia Zaller is the Senior Class Representative on the Schools Foundation Board of Directors, providing a student voice and actively listening to the needs and desires of students.  During a creative session this summer, Olivia commented, “I feel that the bee captures the essence of the Foundation.  Although students experience the benefits of CSF every day, not everyone appreciates the enormous amount of behind the scenes work and coordination required to help take Coronado Schools to the next level. CSF works tirelessly behind the scenes by bringing together the community, coordinating hundreds of volunteers, and providing an environment where new ideas are able to flourish in a way that provides next-level student enrichment.”

Hive 365 is part of the new brand identity, with the goal to have parents step up to be part of this buzzing hive of engaged community members by giving at least $1/day per child. Traditionally 25% of district parents have stepped up to make a donation as part of our Partners in Education campaign. For the 2016-17 school year, Coronado Schools Foundation’s Site Grants for the four campuses total $713,000. These funds provide programs in visual and performing arts, engineering, band, broadcasting, technology, and science labs which otherwise would not be offered.

CSF bee Are You in Yet

“Think what would be possible if 100% of our parents joined Hive 365, donating $30/month in support of our schools?” commented Michelle Gilmore, Director of Development. “We offer ongoing, monthly or one-time donations. With additional funding, new programs can be launched, propelling students into the frontiers of learning where they can discover life changing interests and dreams.”

CSF bee hiveCheck out the new Hive 365 giving form and Bee the Change! All donors receive a Coronado Locals Card with deals all over town – coronadotimes.com/csf/. Those joining at Hive 365 or with the giving form above will receive the limited edition Coronado Coloring Book, designed by CHS Art Teacher Karrie Jackson, and made possible by Mullins Orthodontics. At the Queen Bee level ($100/month), donors will also receive a classy license plate cover and an invitation to the spring donor event.  For more information, please visit www.csfkids.org or call 437-8059, ext. 1 or 3.

Managing Editor
Managing Editor
Originally from upstate New York, Dani Schwartz has lived in Coronado since 1996. She is happy to call Coronado home and to have raised her children here. In her free time she enjoys reading, exercising, trying new restaurants, and just walking her dog around the "island." Have news to share? Send tips or story ideas to: [email protected]

More Local News